Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak: Switch Hardware Specs, 1024 FLOP (Possibly 1TF) Device, Maxwell Architecture, Chat w/out Smartphone, Bluetooth Enabled...

Luke888 said:
Ljink96 said:

Those would be quite expensive to produce, especially since they're proprietary. Software prices might suffer also because of those sizes. But that's just my guess. I'd love for this to be wrong and chances are, things have changed since then, but 128GB seems a bit of a stretch.

I mean, it's true, but Nintendo could even out the costs due to how cheap the 1GB, 2GB and 4GB are to produce, I have a hard time thinking Splatoon 2 will be over 10GB when the original was 1GB at launch, same goes for Shovel Knight, Fast Racing Neo (320MB iirc) and many more...

Possibly, depending on what 3rd parties are wanting to do, they're probably going to be the ones driving the need for 32+GB cards. For some reason though, someting is telling me that Nintendo is relying on consumers to purchase microsd cards for "game installs". Nintendo's content, probably won't need to go past 32 gigs, besides the off Xenoblade or something. At most I'd say 64GB cards are available upon request. 



Around the Network
FunFan said:
Ljink96 said:

This would be REALLY hard to fake. I mean, somebody would have to be paid for this. Also to make such bold statements as chat supported through the Switch itself, developer SDK information, and renders/photos of development hardware... it's just too hard to fake. Nobody to our knowledge has photo renders of developmental switch hardware. I mean, information on software applets, diagrams, etc. would also be extremely hard to fake. If it's fake, it's the best faked documents I've ever seen in my life. 

Is not that hard to deduce from some of the Switch mic listings. http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/272642-pdp-s-afterglow-lvl-3-headset-for-switch-leads-to-more-voice-chat

I guess so, but that's just one off. Maybe Nintendo really doesn't know what they're talking about in terms of online chat. Reggie probalby got overwhelmed or something. But the renders, images of NX software developmental software, are just too well done. Not to mention you can check update history which ends on July 15th 2016...so I'd also guess these specs/features were pretty set in stone for mass manufacturing in October by the rumors.



Ljink96 said:
FunFan said:

Is not that hard to deduce from some of the Switch mic listings. http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/272642-pdp-s-afterglow-lvl-3-headset-for-switch-leads-to-more-voice-chat

I guess so, but that's just one off. Maybe Nintendo really doesn't know what they're talking about in terms of online chat. Reggie probalby got overwhelmed or something. But the renders, images of NX software developmental software, are just too well done. Not to mention you can check update history which ends on July 15th 2016...so I'd also guess these specs/features were pretty set in stone for mass manufacturing in October by the rumors.

Set in stone? When Nintendo confirms it, or we tear it down. But there are chances Ninty is still finalizing their online plans and thats why it is free until the end of the year.



“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Ljink96 said:
FunFan said:

Is not that hard to deduce from some of the Switch mic listings. http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/272642-pdp-s-afterglow-lvl-3-headset-for-switch-leads-to-more-voice-chat

I guess so, but that's just one off. Maybe Nintendo really doesn't know what they're talking about in terms of online chat. Reggie probalby got overwhelmed or something. But the renders, images of NX software developmental software, are just too well done. Not to mention you can check update history which ends on July 15th 2016...so I'd also guess these specs/features were pretty set in stone for mass manufacturing in October by the rumors.

Set in stone? When Nintendo confirms it, or we tear it down. Also, there are chances Ninty is still finalizing their online plans and thats why it is free until the end of the year.



“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

JRPGfan said:

Switch 1024 FP16 (512 Gflops FP32).

Playstation 4 is 1,840 Gflops FP32 (aka 1.84 teraflops).

Is that good for a "handheld"?



Arms HYPE! | Splatoon 2 Hype! FE Warriors HYPE! | 

 

Jranation said:
JRPGfan said:

Switch 1024 FP16 (512 Gflops FP32).

Playstation 4 is 1,840 Gflops FP32 (aka 1.84 teraflops).

Is that good for a "handheld"?

That's EXCELLENT for a handheld. PSVita was 30GFlops. 



Ljink96 said:
Jranation said:

Is that good for a "handheld"?

That's EXCELLENT for a handheld. PSVita was 30GFlops. 

I agree, if this is true, then it's daaaaaamn good for a handheld. It also helps me feel way more comfortable about the price point!



Ljink96 said:
Jranation said:

Is that good for a "handheld"?

That's EXCELLENT for a handheld. PSVita was 30GFlops. 

Wow! And I considered the Vita as an awesome looking handheld. This jump will be beautiful. 



Arms HYPE! | Splatoon 2 Hype! FE Warriors HYPE! | 

 

Jranation said:
JRPGfan said:

Switch 1024 FP16 (512 Gflops FP32).

Playstation 4 is 1,840 Gflops FP32 (aka 1.84 teraflops).

Is that good for a "handheld"?

Yes!

PsVita is like 51 Gflops, and the 3DS is like 4,8 gflops (I think the nrs where?)

So its pretty darn good for a handheld.

But its less than 1/3 rd the power of a PS4.

Its not going to be able to run everything the PS4 & XB1 does imo.



Predictions (from jan 2017):
This year PS4slims hit 199$ during the holidays.
This year PS4 sales go over 18,5m.

Necro-bump this 2020: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229249

Around the Network
Jranation said:
JRPGfan said:

Switch 1024 FP16 (512 Gflops FP32).

Playstation 4 is 1,840 Gflops FP32 (aka 1.84 teraflops).

Is that good for a "handheld"?

It would be amazing...if it was 512 GFLOPS in handheld mode.

These specs are nothing new, it's more or less standard Tegra X1 spec sheet, with one key thing missing - GPU clock speeds, both in docked and portable mode.

But, since EG was pretty spot on about Switch, their sources are putting those at 768MHz and 307.2MHz, which translates to 393GFLOPS (docked) and 157GFLOPS (portable). Not really amazing, there are tablets with better specs (and much higher price), but still pretty good.