Quantcast
The Story of Your Enslavement

Forums - General Discussion - The Story of Your Enslavement

VGPolyglot said:
This is exactly what communism is against: absolute power of a few and humans only being seen as a source of profit. Yet for some reason we are a hated group for being against slavery, poverty and inequality. Even the "communist" regimes that people generally associate the label with themselves admitted that they weren't communist: instead they merely stated that their goal was to reach it (which they obviously never intended on doing).

Practical communism can never be implemented without a system of repression. That system is usually excecuted by the party, which in time will evolve in an oligarchy. In their eyes, the communist society is mere a meritcratic society, because they [the party] are implementing the communist ideology in practice. Therefore they think they should earn privileges which the proletariat will not receive. If this system of exclusiveness will not occur in the first generation, which is highly ondoubtly, it will in later stages, because it is human nature to be envious of other people. The grass is always greener at the other side. Therefore communist societies are societies that are implemted by force, by an oligarchy. You can not create a system in which people are free to voice their own political candidates (which will weaken the oligarchy). Because in a society in which a person is free to have a political say, there will be dissidents and they will forward another political view than communism. This will ofcourse hurten the 'revolution' and could possibly kindle another revolution and by god won't let that revolution be a capitalistic one, the horror.

tl;dr: communism in theory is good, in practice it will always destroy itself.



Around the Network

So the thing I've learned from this video is that I should immediatly kill myself because there will always be 'the man' that 'sticks it' to me. If it is not slavery, it is democracy. So if you destroy everything of that and go live in the forest you will be a slave of nature. So basically the worst thing that can happen to you if you want to be totally free, is to be born.



Ka-pi96 said:

Yep, that's the problem really. Being completely free would be great, if it was just you. But when there are other people free to do whatever they want whenever they want then you're going to get problems pretty fast.

And as for your last sentence, I'd say it's actually worse than that. Any other species has the option to just leave the pack and go off on their own and either start their own pack or just do things by themselves. We don't have that option though, there is no where to go to get away from everything.

Exactly. If I were free and everyone else was then what would stop some other folk out there who want to freely kill others for the sake of it?. The whole freedom ideal is just a dream, even if we were to obtain it, it would only be for a short period of time before it crumbles and things go to shit.

Yeah that's the nightmarish reality we humans will always face. Even if we were sent out into the stars the same concept would repeat itself over and over. You can spread out and all that jazz but you'll never be able to completely get away from it all. The video makes a prime example of how we as a species love treating other humans as cattle and currency, objects to be moved to and from and told what to do, it even points out why animals don't fear such threats ebcause they hold and never will hold the concept of there being a tomorrow like we humans do.



                                       

DamnTastic said:
VGPolyglot said:
This is exactly what communism is against: absolute power of a few and humans only being seen as a source of profit. Yet for some reason we are a hated group for being against slavery, poverty and inequality. Even the "communist" regimes that people generally associate the label with themselves admitted that they weren't communist: instead they merely stated that their goal was to reach it (which they obviously never intended on doing).

Practical communism can never be implemented without a system of repression. That system is usually excecuted by the party, which in time will evolve in an oligarchy. In their eyes, the communist society is mere a meritcratic society, because they [the party] are implementing the communist ideology in practice. Therefore they think they should earn privileges which the proletariat will not receive. If this system of exclusiveness will not occur in the first generation, which is highly ondoubtly, it will in later stages, because it is human nature to be envious of other people. The grass is always greener at the other side. Therefore communist societies are societies that are implemted by force, by an oligarchy. You can not create a system in which people are free to voice their own political candidates (which will weaken the oligarchy). Because in a society in which a person is free to have a political say, there will be dissidents and they will forward another political view than communism. This will ofcourse hurten the 'revolution' and could possibly kindle another revolution and by god won't let that revolution be a capitalistic one, the horror.

tl;dr: communism is theory is good, in practice it will always destroy itself.

Isn't that exactly what capitalism is doing? Mass starvation, endless wars and environmental catastrophe are all occurring under capitalism. So I can understand when people say that communism doesn't work: obvious it would never be perfect. However, it seems like that it's implying that capitalism does work, and with all of the ongoing problems I would say that it does not.



Also, watch The Creature from the Jekyll Island.
It explains a lot about the "economy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_VqX6J93k



My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
So the thing I've learned from this video is that I should immediatly kill myself because there will always be 'the man' that 'sticks it' to me. If it is not slavery, it is democracy. So if you destroy everything of that and go live in the forest you will be a slave of nature. So basically the worst thing that can happen to you if you want to be totally free, is to be born.

Either that or become a being that becomes near eternal and above others, really that would be that bit closer to a version of freedom because nothing of human nature would be able to fully control you let alone do much. Even then by becoming like that you abandon your humanity and thus become something not human.



                                       

hah, that was funny, the guy makes a great clown



VGPolyglot said:

Isn't that exactly what capitalism is doing? Mass starvation, endless wars and environmental catastrophe are all occurring under capitalism. So I can understand when people say that communism doesn't work: obvious it would never be perfect. However, it seems like that it's implying that capitalism does work, and with all of the ongoing problems I would say that it does not.

The point is what captialism. A true democracy, so not those 'democracies' with an authoritarian president like Zimbabwe or Venezuela or Iran, will almost never engage in a war against another democracy and if it does that, those wars will not be very bloody wars because of the popular opnion. The worst nightmare of a politician is to lose his voters. It's called the Democratic Peace Theory.

For the starvations, no democracy ever has underwend a famine, ofcourse my examples of Venezuela and Zimbabwe stand out because of their lack of freedom, both are centrelised socialist states with a killing bureacracy and corruption going through the roof. The theory of Amartya Sen is here a must read.

But you know.. communism, capitalism.. They are all systems of bending nature. Nature is unfair, nature doesn't care.



Chazore said:
DamnTastic said:
So the thing I've learned from this video is that I should immediatly kill myself because there will always be 'the man' that 'sticks it' to me. If it is not slavery, it is democracy. So if you destroy everything of that and go live in the forest you will be a slave of nature. So basically the worst thing that can happen to you if you want to be totally free, is to be born.

Either that or become a being that becomes near eternal and above others, really that would be that bit closer to a version of freedom because nothing of human nature would be able to fully control you let alone do much. Even then by becoming like that you abandon your humanity and thus become something not human.

lol reminds me of the ascended ancients in stargate. They managed to leave the curse of the enslaver called nature :p



DamnTastic said:

lol reminds me of the ascended ancients in stargate. They managed to leave the curse of the enslaver called nature :p

Remember the time when the Goa'uld  thought they could take on earth as space Egyptians =P, good times.