Quantcast
Phil Spencer hopes VR isn't the future of gaming.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer hopes VR isn't the future of gaming.

The Fury said:
Yeah, Augmented Reality is the way to go, huh, Phil?


Hololens is not even ladeled as gaming device.



Around the Network

I kinda have to agree with him. VR mustn't be something that defines how every game in the future should be or how it should play. I wouldn't mind for it to be a complement, since VR running amok as the only way to play a game can't be good for the industry.



VR is not the gaming future i agree but this just screams : " I fucking hope vr is not the future cause the company i work dont have anything prepared and if its the future we are fucked"

This guy is such a bullshitter.



 

GribbleGrunger said:
Spencer, you are so frigin' obvious it hurts.


LOL

People are falling waaay too much into the "He's a gamer like us, wearing T-Shirts and Jeans!" character of his.

He is just a suit, just like the rest of the board.



I think my biggest issue with what he said is that I think he knows full well that there will never be a time when all games are VR. But he is faking concern to throw shade on something that they aren't involved in.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
The Fury said:
Yeah, Augmented Reality is the way to go, huh, Phil?

Hololens is not even ladeled as gaming device.

Promoted at E3 with Minecraft.

Don't worry though, post was sarcastic in nature. 



Hmm, pie.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
VR is not the gaming future i agree but this just screams : " I fucking hope vr is not the future cause the company i work dont have anything prepared and if its the future we are fucked"

This guy is such a bullshitter.


I know people are heavily emotionally invested when it comes to gaming but seriously, such words should be forbidden on this forum. There are way better words to describe hate, anger, jealousy or whatever makes people use words they shouldn't. But this here isn't speech to text. People have time to think while they write. Obviously, they more type than they think.



Normchacho said:
Nem said:

Not to mention it isnt VR at all. Its a lie.

Even having that into account, while its these bricks you must put on your head, it will never be super popular.


I keep hearing people say this, but I never quite got what it means. Could you explain? Is it because they're heavy? Because they really aren't, the Rift and PSVR  both weigh less than a pound and most of the weight is put on the back of your head.


It literally looks like one. I personally hate having things on my head for a long time. Even those big headphones i dislike because it makes my neck hurt. I have no doubt that the same will happen with these. 

These are demo'ed only for short bursts of time, so it hasnt dawned yet. I'm sure we will hear about it when they come out.

There is a reason why anime's that represent VR always have this gear in simply glasses. A very light and non-intrusive hardware. Thats the only way i see it gaining popularity. 



walsufnir said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
VR is not the gaming future i agree but this just screams : " I fucking hope vr is not the future cause the company i work dont have anything prepared and if its the future we are fucked"

This guy is such a bullshitter.


I know people are heavily emotionally invested when it comes to gaming but seriously, such words should be forbidden on this forum. There are way better words to describe hate, anger, jealousy or whatever makes people use words they shouldn't. But this here isn't speech to text. People have time to think while they write. Obviously, they more type than they think.

Whats your problem ? Jealous, anger, hate ? seriously ? xD



 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
walsufnir said:


I know people are heavily emotionally invested when it comes to gaming but seriously, such words should be forbidden on this forum. There are way better words to describe hate, anger, jealousy or whatever makes people use words they shouldn't. But this here isn't speech to text. People have time to think while they write. Obviously, they more type than they think.

Whats your problem ? Jealous, anger, hate ? seriously ? xD


Read the context of the sentence.