Quantcast
Anybody else pumped for Civilization: Beyond Earth?

Forums - PC Discussion - Anybody else pumped for Civilization: Beyond Earth?

Over the past few weeks I have been hopelessly addicted to Civilization 5. So much in fact I have only played my PS4 for about 2 hours in that time frame. So I am dying to get my hands on Beyond Earth to try something new. Very interested to go farther into the future.

 

Official trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYWqE55s24

 

Leaked screenshots

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133685-Civilization-Beyond-Earth-Screenshots-Leaked-Update

 

Interview with some details (good read imo)

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/11/heres-how-humanity-will-take-to-the-stars-in-civilization-beyond-earth-interview/

 

More information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization:_Beyond_Earth

 

Am I alone in my excitement or are you guys with me?!?



Around the Network

It's Civilization with aliens, how could i not be pumped?



Zekkyou said:

It's Civilization with aliens, how could i not be pumped?

lol you gonna grab it Day 1?

Apparently it has a Linux version as well. If it releases the same day as the Windows version (probably wont =/ ) I will buy that version.



I won't be able to play it with my lappie 486, but for my next laptop purchase I will definately be making sure I can play this properly. (current laptop can play Civ 5 but on the giant earth map it won't load my saves after a while, I think it might be when I go over ~150 cities)



 

HigHurtenflurst said:
I won't be able to play it with my lappie 486, but for my next laptop purchase I will definately be making sure I can play this properly. (current laptop can play Civ 5 but on the giant earth map it won't load my saves after a while, I think it might be when I go over ~150 cities)


It uses the same engine as Civ5 so specs requirements should be similar.

I hope to have this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231521

By the time the game is released.

 

It is actually weaker than my laptop now but I want the 1080p screen and it will be powerful enough to run this at 1080p :)    With my current laptop I bought more power than I needed. I rarely play anything outside of strategey games and indies on PC lol



Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
Zekkyou said:

It's Civilization with aliens, how could i not be pumped?

lol you gonna grab it Day 1?

Apparently it has a Linux version as well. If it releases the same day as the Windows version (probably wont =/ ) I will buy that version.

I very rarely buy games day 1, but if i have time free on the day it comes out i'll probably get it off steam :D



Zekkyou said:
rolltide101x said:

lol you gonna grab it Day 1?

Apparently it has a Linux version as well. If it releases the same day as the Windows version (probably wont =/ ) I will buy that version.

I very rarely buy games day 1, but if i have time free on the day it comes out i'll probably get it off steam :D

I buy almost every game I get Day 1 outside of what I get from PSPlus. What did Civilization 5 cost when it was new? I am wondering what price to expect for this game. Obviously I didnt get Civilization 5 Day 1..... lol



rolltide101x said:
HigHurtenflurst said:
I won't be able to play it with my lappie 486, but for my next laptop purchase I will definately be making sure I can play this properly. (current laptop can play Civ 5 but on the giant earth map it won't load my saves after a while, I think it might be when I go over ~150 cities)

It uses the same engine as Civ5 so specs requirements should be similar.

I hope to have this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231521

By the time the game is released.

It is actually weaker than my laptop now but I want the 1080p screen and it will be powerful enough to run this at 1080p :)    With my current laptop I bought more power than I needed. I rarely play anything outside of strategey games and indies on PC lol

Oh well that's good, but I would still like to be able to finish a game where I populate the whole map without it going wrong (currently using integrated intel HD4000 for graphics, but it may have been a lack of CPU power causing my problem)



HigHurtenflurst said:
rolltide101x said:
HigHurtenflurst said:
I won't be able to play it with my lappie 486, but for my next laptop purchase I will definately be making sure I can play this properly. (current laptop can play Civ 5 but on the giant earth map it won't load my saves after a while, I think it might be when I go over ~150 cities)

It uses the same engine as Civ5 so specs requirements should be similar.

I hope to have this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231521

By the time the game is released.

It is actually weaker than my laptop now but I want the 1080p screen and it will be powerful enough to run this at 1080p :)    With my current laptop I bought more power than I needed. I rarely play anything outside of strategey games and indies on PC lol

Oh well that's good, but I would still like to be able to finish a game where I populate the whole map without it going wrong (currently using integrated intel HD4000 for graphics, but it may have been a lack of CPU power causing my problem)

Intel HD 4000 should be ample to run it on low/medium settings. I know I accidentally run it with my Intel GPU wiih everything maxed out (at 1366x768) and it is playable.

 



Yep, I love Civ :)



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702