Quantcast
Prediction: Which console will be in first place by the end of 2014?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Which console will be in first place by the end of 2014?

Which console will have the most Lifetime sales by the end of 2014?

Wii U 210 25.55%
 
PS4 569 69.22%
 
Xbox One 42 5.11%
 
Total:821
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

back with the fallacies. how could nsmbu sell 20m+ on a 4M installed base? and you mentioned the ltd of the predecessor.

Mario 3d world is at 1.3m with the december 21 numbers. the two following charts will put it really close to 2m = it will do 2m soon enough.

I wasn't, which is why I'm baffled people think DK ect will do so well and are using Wii as a metric. You can't do that, it's the WiiU.

It's not anywhere near 2m, the charts will be adjusted. You're expecting ridiculous sales in December which just aren't going to happen. Like I said, 500k in NA, 400k in Japan, 300k in Europe, 100k elsewhere = 1.3m end of the year.

if the charts of dec 21 puts it at 1.3m, then RIGHT NOW, january 4th, it's really close to 2m. if the charts are adjusted, it will be up.

Based on what? Your hopes? Because nothing suggests it will be up. It did 215k in November NPD and you're expecting 600k+ for December. That isn't logical based on November sales. So yeah, it'll be adjusted down in January when we get full figures. Brace yourself.



 

Around the Network

This question is almost like asking which direction will the sun rise.



Seece said:
Zero999 said:

if the charts of dec 21 puts it at 1.3m, then RIGHT NOW, january 4th, it's really close to 2m. if the charts are adjusted, it will be up.

Based on what? Your hopes? Because nothing suggests it will be up. It did 215k in November NPD and you're expecting 600k+ for December. That isn't logical based on November sales. So yeah, it'll be adjusted down in January when we get full figures. Brace yourself.

based on what? your hopes? because nothing suggests it will be down.

That IS logical based on DECEMBER SALES and mario legs.



1 PS4 very likely

2 XB1: They will do well in USA, it's essential for them.

3 wii u: The sales in Europe and NA are too horrible and same with a good line up for 2014, it will be difficult for them.



Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

if the charts of dec 21 puts it at 1.3m, then RIGHT NOW, january 4th, it's really close to 2m. if the charts are adjusted, it will be up.

Based on what? Your hopes? Because nothing suggests it will be up. It did 215k in November NPD and you're expecting 600k+ for December. That isn't logical based on November sales. So yeah, it'll be adjusted down in January when we get full figures. Brace yourself.

based on what? your hopes? because nothing suggests it will be down.

That IS logical based on DECEMBER SALES and mario legs.

NPD November suggests it will be down. The numbers for Dec are not confirmed yet, why are you hanging onto them? They show a huge rise that has to br proven. Mario legs at this point would be 300k in Dec US with the extra week. Like I said, brace yourself.



 

Around the Network
Seece said:
zorg1000 said:
Seece said:
JoeTheBro said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

Wii u's 2014 lineup is quite ahead of ps4/xone's. and even games that may actually be big, like FF 15 (if it's 2014), still have lot's of time to be confirmed for wii u.

it isn't. Uncharted and Halo will outsell every WiiU exclusive this year. WiiU won't be getting many if any big third party games, third parties have been burnt enough,

"Uncharted and Halo will outsell every WiiU exclusive this year."

I'm 100% sure that multiple wii u 2014 exclusives will outsell those two.

Everything you say is 100% sure to happen, never happens. Like your 100% WiiU won't be under 6m this year.

But really. You know what Halo sells right?? What multiplat is going to come close to that on WiiU? Pray tell.

In your first post you said exclusive. Now you are talking about multiplats? iOy dios mio!

yeah? Because he brought it up. I said exclusive because it's a given Halo and Uncharted will outsell every WIiU multiplat. Perhaps I should have said Halo and Uncharted would outsell every WiiU game?

Edit - XD oh he said MULTIPLES, I read that as multiplats. You can't blame me, he's come out with some ... wild stuff.

Still, no there won't be multiple WiiU games to outsell Halo lol.

If u guys are talking specifically about 2014 sales than Donkey Kong, Mario Kart and Smash Bros might outsell Halo depending on when it releases and what Xbox install base is by the end of the year.

Halo 3 sold just under 7m and 360 sales were slightly under 16m at the end of 2007. I doubt Xbox will be that high at the end of the year, im guessing more like 10-12m so If Halo 5 has a similar attach ratio than It would sell about 5m this year. Also Halo games have always released in either September or November, Halo 3 was in September but if Halo 5 releases in November than its attach ratio will likely be smaller for the year so maybe more like 4m. So assuming that One is around 10-12m by the end of the year I think Halo will be about 4-5m.

Donkey Kong releases in February so it will have 10 months of this year to sell, Mario Kart releases in Spring so thats 6-9 months and Smash Bros doesnt have a release window yet but IF it releases in Aug/Sept and Halo in November than its certainly possible that these games outsell Halo this year.

If Halo sells 5m WW it has it in the bag, not expecting any of those WiiU exclusives to do that. Is ANY WiiU exclusive above 2m yet?? (That hasn't been bundled)

U dont think Mario Kart can sell 5m in 8 months? Mario Kart 7 sold just under 4m in five weeks 



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Funny topic.

Somehow nintendo votes seems to have less value.
And why is everyone putting X1 last when X1 and PS4 both had good starts. Because it is easier to admit that X1 start is just hype, but you can't admit the same to PS4?
Some people even say consoles are long term investments, that's BS. If anything, they lose value over time, the more you wait, the better sku/firmware and cheaper.

Anyway, it is too soon to speak of this.
Honestly, all i want is a reason to buy the ps4 this year, but looking to what is already announced, i think it can wait.



ps4>wiiu>xbone



Ps4 worldwide



VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

if the charts of dec 21 puts it at 1.3m, then RIGHT NOW, january 4th, it's really close to 2m. if the charts are adjusted, it will be up.

Based on what? Your hopes? Because nothing suggests it will be up. It did 215k in November NPD and you're expecting 600k+ for December. That isn't logical based on November sales. So yeah, it'll be adjusted down in January when we get full figures. Brace yourself.

based on what? your hopes? because nothing suggests it will be down.

That IS logical based on DECEMBER SALES and mario legs.

NPD November suggests it will be down. The numbers for Dec are not confirmed yet, why are you hanging onto them? They show a huge rise that has to br proven. Mario legs at this point would be 300k in Dec US with the extra week. Like I said, brace yourself.

Well according to this site from Nov 13-Dec 3(21 days) Mario 3D Land sold 835k in USA. From Dec 4-Dec 31(28 days) it sold an additional 1.1m

According to vgchartz/NPD 3D World sold 215-230k in Nov (9 days) for USA. Based off that I dont see how vgchartz numbers for Dec are far off.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.