Quantcast
Wii U pad best for remote play

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U pad best for remote play

except the tablet isnt really suitable to take outside with you like the vita is.



Around the Network
PlayMatt said:
Wow, it's the best for remote play and I can't even use it at my bathroom or on the second floor or on the living room... :(


I guess Nintendo limited the range to avoid problems with lag like the Vita has.  Just a guess.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

I have had Wii U and Vita since their respective launch and got PS4 at launch as well... so I tried Vita for Remote Play

It has two ways of connecting. One is via your wireless router (which gives more range than Gamepad) and other is directly to PS4 which has same range as Gamepad. The connect directly has significantly less input lag than the wireless router option.

I was able to play Resogun on Master when connected directly to PS4 which means its pretty damn responsive even if there is some miniscule lag. I couldn't play it on Master when connecting via wireless (dying way too fast). When connected directly, there is probably some miniscule lag, but I couldn't really tell. For me the bigger issue was the controls don't have parity. Needing to touch a zone on the rear-touch for L2/R2 or L3/R3 are the bigger issues than amount of lag.



d21lewis said:
PlayMatt said:
Wow, it's the best for remote play and I can't even use it at my bathroom or on the second floor or on the living room... :(


I guess Nintendo limited the range to avoid problems with lag like the Vita has.  Just a guess.

Does Vita have lag? :O thought it was only a limited framerate at about 30 fps in everygame



The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PlayMatt said:
d21lewis said:
PlayMatt said:
Wow, it's the best for remote play and I can't even use it at my bathroom or on the second floor or on the living room... :(


I guess Nintendo limited the range to avoid problems with lag like the Vita has.  Just a guess.

Does Vita have lag? :O thought it was only a limited framerate at about 30 fps in everygame

On the PS3, it does.  I don't have a PS4, yet.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
PlayMatt said:
d21lewis said:
PlayMatt said:
Wow, it's the best for remote play and I can't even use it at my bathroom or on the second floor or on the living room... :(


I guess Nintendo limited the range to avoid problems with lag like the Vita has.  Just a guess.

Does Vita have lag? :O thought it was only a limited framerate at about 30 fps in everygame

On the PS3, it does.  I don't have a PS4, yet.

Got it ;) there's nothing worse then playing with lag... could never play MK9 online because of lag!



The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

How does WiiU remote play perform when you're not at home?



________________________________________________________________

KylieDog said:
How does WiiU remote play perform when you're not at home?


Leave me alone in your home with a Wii U and I'll tell you!



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

KylieDog said:
How does WiiU remote play perform when you're not at home?


I should not be giving an answer to this, but here it goes: it does not, but then you did not have to pay the additional 150 bucks (I myself spent those on games - who woulda thunk it?) for questionable results.



General gamer, fanboy hater

d21lewis said:
KylieDog said:
How does WiiU remote play perform when you're not at home?


Leave me alone in your home with a Wii U and I'll tell you!


LOL great one!



General gamer, fanboy hater