Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC vs Console Hardware

As someone who owns both a high end PC and consoles I think this should be said.  PC has more powerful hardware yes, but that does not mean games are optimized for this specific hardware.  The thing is that PC often relies on consoles to advance in graphics.  There is a few games that really push PC like Witcher, Crysis, and Metro. Many popular games on PC are not even graphic powerhouses such as Dota, League of Legends, and Counterstrike

I also want to point out that most multiplatform games look better on PC in some shape or another.  However they do not look the best they can either.  Why is this?  The reason is because these games was optimized for consoles there for making them look as best as possible as they can on consoles.  Because of this, when PS4 and NeXbox comes out we will also see a boost in graphics for the PC.  I don't really understand why PC gamers are like this and bash on consoles because in ways they rely on consoles.  They need consoles to advance in graphics for them to advance as well with many games.
 
 So let's get along guys.  If someone likes consoles more than PC regardless if the PC is more powerful let them like it more.  It is there opinion, and maybe they like console games better.  Who cares.  I don't think we really have that problem on this site but I see PC gamers bashing consoles a lot on sites such as youtube.  Has anybody else noticed this problem on other sites?



An Unbiased Review                Breaking News!  Naughty Dog Third Party!          

Around the Network
What are you trying to say?

I think that generally, most people have come to agree that PC does have better graphics than consoles, I also own a high end PC and consoles. There are some games that come to mind however that could challenge PC graphics, like God of War, The Last of Us, Uncharted, and Gears of War. However almost all multiplatform games look better on PC.

 

Slimebeast said:
What are you trying to say?


Sorry if I was a little confusing.  

I am saying that even though PC has better hardware they still rely on consoles to advance so they can advance in graphics as well.  This is mainly because games are optimized for consoles.  Yet we have people who bash consoles because they have better hardware in there computers.



An Unbiased Review                Breaking News!  Naughty Dog Third Party!          

JayWood2010 said:

As someone who owns both a high end PC and consoles I think this should be said.  PC has more powerful hardware yes, but that does not mean games are optimized for this specific hardware.  The thing is that PC often relies on consoles to advance in graphics.  There is a few games that really push PC like Witcher, Crysis, and Metro. Many popular games on PC are not even graphic powerhouses such as Dota, League of Legends, and Counterstrike

I also want to point out that most multiplatform games look better on PC in some shape or another.  However they do not look the best they can either.  Why is this?  The reason is because these games was optimized for consoles there for making them look as best as possible as they can on consoles.  Because of this, when PS4 and NeXbox comes out we will also see a boost in graphics for the PC.  I don't really understand why PC gamers are like this and bash on consoles because in ways they rely on consoles.  They need consoles to advance in graphics for them to advance as well with many games.
 
 So let's get along guys.  If someone likes consoles more than PC regardless if the PC is more powerful let them like it more.  It is there opinion, and maybe they like console games better.  Who cares.  I don't think we really have that problem on this site but I see PC gamers bashing consoles a lot on sites such as youtube.  Has anybody else noticed this problem on other

I did notice that.

And it is actually the same with everything.

If you come with your oppinion and the reasons why you like something (a console, a PC, anything); few will just bash you because they do not see it the same way instead of just comparing their point of view. To me there is no difference between this and for instance Sony/Microsoft loyalists just bashing the other side.

Xbox Live gold for instance is a very good exemple :) People do not see any value in it, which is okay, and they are jusr bashing the ones who see any level of value in it.
Same goes for PC elitists; they are just looking at one side (their own side of course :)); they think the mouse/keyboard combination is better, they think graphics/CPU is all that matter... So when you comes up with you point of view, you prefer a console because it is plug and play, less expensive, you prefer to play with controllers instead of mouse/keyboard, they are just bashing you or giving you hard time with anwser like "you can plug a controller on a PC", "PC is plug and play you are just too noob to configure it properly", "blah blah blah".

Honnestly while Microsoft haters are really irritating me sometime because they are ruining some very good threads. I do not really care for PC ellitists; I would even say that I find it funny to a certain extend :)



Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
JayWood2010 said:

As someone who owns both a high end PC and consoles I think this should be said.  PC has more powerful hardware yes, but that does not mean games are optimized for this specific hardware.  The thing is that PC often relies on consoles to advance in graphics.  There is a few games that really push PC like Witcher, Crysis, and Metro. Many popular games on PC are not even graphic powerhouses such as Dota, League of Legends, and Counterstrike

I also want to point out that most multiplatform games look better on PC in some shape or another.  However they do not look the best they can either.  Why is this?  The reason is because these games was optimized for consoles there for making them look as best as possible as they can on consoles.  Because of this, when PS4 and NeXbox comes out we will also see a boost in graphics for the PC.  I don't really understand why PC gamers are like this and bash on consoles because in ways they rely on consoles.  They need consoles to advance in graphics for them to advance as well with many games.
 
 So let's get along guys.  If someone likes consoles more than PC regardless if the PC is more powerful let them like it more.  It is there opinion, and maybe they like console games better.  Who cares.  I don't think we really have that problem on this site but I see PC gamers bashing consoles a lot on sites such as youtube.  Has anybody else noticed this problem on other

I did notice that.

And it is actually the same with everything.

If you come with your oppinion and the reasons why you like something (a console, a PC, anything); few will just bash you because they do not see it the same way instead of just comparing their point of view. To me there is no difference between this and for instance Sony/Microsoft loyalists just bashing the other side.

Xbox Live gold for instance is a very good exemple :) People do not see any value in it, which is okay, and they are jusr bashing the ones who see any level of value in it.
Same goes for PC elitists; they are just looking at one side (their own side of course :)); they think the mouse/keyboard combination is better, they think graphics/CPU is all that matter... So when you comes up with you point of view, you prefer a console because it is plug and play, less expensive, you prefer to play with controllers instead of mouse/keyboard, they are just bashing you or giving you hard time with anwser like "you can plug a controller on a PC", "PC is plug and play you are just too noob to configure it properly", "blah blah blah".

Honnestly while Microsoft haters are really irritating me sometime because they are ruining some very good threads. I do not really care for PC ellitists; I would even say that I find it funny to a certain extend :)

Completely agree with you on everything you just said.  Sadly I don't see these things changing and may get a lot worst with the consoles vs console bashing as we head into next-gen gaming.



An Unbiased Review                Breaking News!  Naughty Dog Third Party!          

pc will forever be superior hardware, developer's dont like pc because its easy to pirate their games.

making consoles a prime focus.

PC is far worst than PS3.

I mean - MY PC is far worst. You can't say: "PC hardware is better", "consoles are so lame".

Money make better hardware.

3000 USD is better than 600 USD = YES
Radeon 7990 is better than GeForce 550 GTX = YES
SUV is better then gokart ...?

Why CrossPlatform titles look the same (one to another)?
Because over 200 games share one engine ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games ).

If you play only CoD, Crysis, NFS, BF, CS and Assasins Creed - go for PC.

Consols make money for developers so even Crysis runs on PS3.

END of story.



Xenobot said:

PC is far worst than PS3.

I mean - MY PC is far worst. You can't say: "PC hardware is better", "consoles are so lame".

Money make better hardware.

3000 USD is better than 600 USD = YES
Radeon 7990 is better than GeForce 550 GTX = YES
SUV is better then gokart ...?

Why CrossPlatform titles look the same (one to another)?
Because over 200 games share one engine ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games ).

If you play only CoD, Crysis, NFS, BF, CS and Assasins Creed - go for PC.

Consols make money for developers so even Crysis runs on PS3.

END of story.

Actually I prefer Call of Duty on consoles as well as Battlefield.  Another thing is if somebody prefers controllers over Mouse/Keyboard.  Controllers can't keep up with Mouse/Keyboard so for some people they prefer multiplayer FPS games on consoles while others prefer them on PC.

And yes they have better hardware. S till doesn't mean that games are optimized for that hardware.



An Unbiased Review                Breaking News!  Naughty Dog Third Party!          

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
What are you trying to say?

That the next-gen consoles and optimizations (8-core CPUs, etc) will raise the PC graphics to the next level like happened with Crysis in 2007.