Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the first Wii U game to show off its true graphical capabilities?

So far the Wii U hasnt really had any games of note to show off what graphical capabilities the machine has. From rushed launch ports to rushed launch window games, we really dont have a clue as to how far the machine can be pushed and what can be acheived on a technical level.

Games like Lego City (awesome game) give a slight glimpse of graphical prowess, however it is still dogged with technical issues like frame rate dips due to tight development time, and Criterions excellent port of NFSMWU shows off better textures and lighting akin to the PC version.

Anyways predict which will be the first game on Wii U to make people go wow from a graphical and technical standpoint. Will it be one of Nintendos first party titles, Bayo 2 , Monoliths X or even a  surprise 3rd party offering like Watch dogs.

I remember Xbox 360 getting a lot of PS2 ports at launch, but when Gears of war arrived so had graphical benchmarks for that gen, cant wait to see what can be acheived on Wii U.



Around the Network
zippy said:

So far the Wii U hasnt really had any games of note to show off what graphical capabilities the machine has. From rushed launch ports to rushed launch window games, we really dont have a clue as to how far the machine can be pushed and what can be acheived on a technical level.

Games like Lego City (awesome game) give a slight glimpse of graphical prowess, however it is still dogged with technical issues like frame rate dips due to tight development time, and Criterions excellent port of NFSMWU shows off better textures and lighting akin to the PC version.

Anyways predict which will be the first game on Wii U to make people go wow from a graphical and technical standpoint. Will it be one of Nintendos first party titles, Bayo 2 , Monoliths X or even a  surprise 3rd party offering like Watch dogs.

I remember Xbox 360 getting a lot of PS2 ports at launch, but when Gears of war arrived so had graphical benchmarks for that gen, cant wait to see what can be acheived on Wii U.

3D Mario if it comes out this holiday, i think it will have some very great looking visuals like Galaxy did on Wii. Also X looks like it will be very pleasing to the eyes and i assume whatever Retro is working on(hopefully Metroid or western RPG) will look amazing



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

F-Zero i think (if it ever comes out)

  utiziz225's Gamercard

D-Minaj225 said:
F-Zero i think (if it ever comes out)


i sure hope it does, might just be a HD rerelease of GX tho which is fine by me



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

When you think about that Nintendo wants to show the new Mario game at e3 and that on Mario Galaxy (that came out within the first yearof the Wii) looked so awesome, I guess we have the answer.

Mario Kart never looks that good. Smash Bros also usually doesnt look that awesome. (they look great but not as good as Mario Galaxy)

Zelda is far away and WindWaker is a "low budget" remake. If there is no secret Metroid FirstPerson game coming in the near future or F-Zero made by Shinen then the answer is def. Mario HD

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
D-Minaj225 said:
F-Zero i think (if it ever comes out)


i sure hope it does, might just be a HD rerelease of GX tho which is fine by me

even tho I never buy remakes of games I own already but an enchanced remake of GX with online support would definitely get my attention



  utiziz225's Gamercard

D-Minaj225 said:
zorg1000 said:
D-Minaj225 said:
F-Zero i think (if it ever comes out)


i sure hope it does, might just be a HD rerelease of GX tho which is fine by me

even tho I never buy remakes of games I own already but an enchanced remake of GX with online support would definitely get my attention

1080p60 with better graphics shaders online support and the  arcade stuff  included and not "hidden" this time (like the AX stuff is "hidden" in GX)

Give it off-tv play and let us play with 5 players (1 on gamepad) or make it 6,7,8 (pro controllers)

Then be nice and give it a 29.99 price tag       that would be awesome.



Project X- Which we've already seen.

Smash Bros has been confirmed to be having a reveal between now and E3. I expect pixel perfect character models, insane effects and a very high frame rate.

Retro's project hopefully which will also be shown soon.

Mario Kart+Mario 3D.



JazzB1987 said:
D-Minaj225 said:
zorg1000 said:
D-Minaj225 said:
F-Zero i think (if it ever comes out)


i sure hope it does, might just be a HD rerelease of GX tho which is fine by me

even tho I never buy remakes of games I own already but an enchanced remake of GX with online support would definitely get my attention

1080p60 with better graphics shaders online support and the  arcade stuff  included and not "hidden" this time (like the AX stuff is "hidden" in GX)

Give it off-tv play and let us play with 5 players (1 on gamepad) or make it 6,7,8 (pro controllers)

Then be nice and give it a 29.99 price tag       that would be awesome.

oh hell yea i'd buy a wii u for that



  utiziz225's Gamercard

Around the Network
The brand new zelda, which was shown at E3 2011......