Quantcast
As a long time Xbox supporter the Nextbox rumors sound awful and here's why

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a long time Xbox supporter the Nextbox rumors sound awful and here's why

This is not a trolling thread as I am a huge Xbox fan.  But let's honestly break down the current rumors and look at just how anti consumer and just downright awful it sounds.

1. Always online -doesn't affect me at all as I have amazing internet but it completely screws millions of potential buyers. Especially those in rural areas or emerging markets

2. Wont play pre owned games - Idon't believe this one bit but still there's rumors everywhere

3.  Weaker than the PS4 -And not just slightly. If the rumored GPU is indeed true its significantly weaker with slower RAM

4. Kinect required - I like Kinect but I also recognize theres a huge chunk of gamers who find it useless

5.  Continued Pay to Play online - Not a big deal considering how good Live has been but with PS Plus offering rediculous deals Live is getting harder and harder to justify

I realize these are entirely rumors and ALL of it could be fake but so far theres quite a bit of momentum behind these rumors and if they turn out to be true I can safely say Im abandoning the Xbox brand



Around the Network

Would be bad if all rumors were true. But I would only think that one or two of them would be true. If any one or two of those were true would it still be bad?



Nr 2 and 4 will upset a lot of hardcore gamers.



This sounds like a very anti-consumer console built to take advantage of the popularity of the Xbox brand in the US to push further Microsoft services. What possible reason would Mircrosoft have to limit how their console is used?

Unless the next Xbox is $100+ cheaper than the PS4, I don't see this console selling very well. The negativity surrounding the console will spread past the gaming forums and into the real world.



The rumors are certainly not making the console any more attractive to get or even consider. Let's just hope they're not true.

From a gaming standpoint i'de like Sony to have good competition otherwise they will get lazy.



According to a new study; YouTube, Xbox.com, NeoGaf, N4G, VGChartz, IGN, GameSpot, GameStop, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, All of Europe, FAMITSU, Japan, the rest of Asia and The whole of the Middle East among countless others are experiencing a Tsunami of people in love with Sony's gamings offerings.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
This sounds like a very anti-consumer console built to take advantage of the popularity of the Xbox brand in the US to push further Microsoft services. What possible reason would Mircrosoft have to limit how their console is used?

Unless the next Xbox is $100+ cheaper than the PS4, I don't see this console selling very well. The negativity surrounding the console will spread past the gaming forums and into the real world.


I cant argue with that.

That is exactly what the console sounds like. It will take some absolute Mega ton exclusive games to make me even consider buying this console if the rumors are true



1. Good thing for me. It will have lots of social features dependent on this.

2. Doesn't affect me as long as a sharing system is implemented. If I can't go over to a friends house and play my games with him on his XBOX, I'll be upset.

3. And the PS4 is weaker than a $5,000 gaming computer. Power isn't that important.

4. I'll have to wait and see. If Kinect is large then this could be a problem. Kinda similar to external power blocks, it could be annoying. Otherwise it's like complaining XBOX needs to be hooked up to TV.

5. I hate having to pay for LIVE. It's a pretty shady business strategy and I hope things are modified. Maybe give Silver members online play? Maybe sell the console at a super cheap price.



Somini said:
The rumors are certainly not making the console any more attractive to get or even consider. Let's just hope they're not true.

From a gaming standpoint i'de like Sony to have good competition otherwise they will get lazy.


Good point and i fully agree with you on this. No competition makes them lazy and fast, example: madden and nfl 2k.



 

BenVTrigger said:

This is not a trolling thread as I am a huge Xbox fan.  But let's honestly break down the current rumors and look at just how anti consumer and just downright awful it sounds.

1. Always online -doesn't affect me at all as I have amazing internet but it completely screws millions of potential buyers. Especially those in rural areas or emerging markets

2. Wont play pre owned games - Idon't believe this one bit but still there's rumors everywhere

3.  Weaker than the PS4 -And not just slightly. If the rumored GPU is indeed true its significantly weaker with slower RAM

4. Kinect required - I like Kinect but I also recognize theres a huge chunk of gamers who find it useless

5.  Continued Pay to Play online - Not a big deal considering how good Live has been but with PS Plus offering rediculous deals Live is getting harder and harder to justify

I realize these are entirely rumors and ALL of it could be fake but so far theres quite a bit of momentum behind these rumors and if they turn out to be true I can safely say Im abandoning the Xbox 

Long time Xbox supporter how long have u support them ? I was Sony supporter and I went for Xbox 360 and will stay with them don't care if new Xbox is less powerful than ps4 . Tbh if you don't like it don't buy it they not gonna force you to buy new console 



arminuk said:
BenVTrigger said:

This is not a trolling thread as I am a huge Xbox fan.  But let's honestly break down the current rumors and look at just how anti consumer and just downright awful it sounds.

1. Always online -doesn't affect me at all as I have amazing internet but it completely screws millions of potential buyers. Especially those in rural areas or emerging markets

2. Wont play pre owned games - Idon't believe this one bit but still there's rumors everywhere

3.  Weaker than the PS4 -And not just slightly. If the rumored GPU is indeed true its significantly weaker with slower RAM

4. Kinect required - I like Kinect but I also recognize theres a huge chunk of gamers who find it useless

5.  Continued Pay to Play online - Not a big deal considering how good Live has been but with PS Plus offering rediculous deals Live is getting harder and harder to justify

I realize these are entirely rumors and ALL of it could be fake but so far theres quite a bit of momentum behind these rumors and if they turn out to be true I can safely say Im abandoning the Xbox 

Long time Xbox supporter how long have u support them ? I was Sony supporter and I went for Xbox 360 and will stay with them don't care if new Xbox is less powerful than ps4 . Tbh if you don't like it don't buy it they not gonna force you to buy new console 

But he never said anyone is forcing him to buy the console. And yes he is a Microsoft supporter, you can see some of his earlier posts.

The guy is just expressing his opinion.



According to a new study; YouTube, Xbox.com, NeoGaf, N4G, VGChartz, IGN, GameSpot, GameStop, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, All of Europe, FAMITSU, Japan, the rest of Asia and The whole of the Middle East among countless others are experiencing a Tsunami of people in love with Sony's gamings offerings.