Quantcast
Microsoft Exec: “Majority Of UK Consumers Won’t Know” About PS4 Reveal Next Week

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Exec: “Majority Of UK Consumers Won’t Know” About PS4 Reveal Next Week

Just like the wii u right now :D
but what midrosoft said is true. most gamer's (at least the games i know) don't even go on websites and look up rumors and news like we do.



Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
bannedagain said:
badgenome said:
After the PS4 reveal next week the majority of UK consumers won't even remember what an Xbox is.

pics

LMFAO , you so funny man ...

 

you want a list with the exclusives and multiplatforms sony will release this year?


bu bu but xbox has more exclusives if you count indie titles!

I know right!? People never give Indie games credit. I mean, they're just as good, if not BETTER than those corporate games.

 



I am the Playstation Avenger.

   

it's true, most people won't know about it, it's not as if most people even care about it or a reveal of microsoft or nintendo. if he was only talking about gamers it's still true, i'm pretty sure most of my friends who play videogames have never heard about a sony event on the 20th.

but one day later or few days later they will all see it in the newspapers.



Immortal said:
VGKing said:
Immortal said:
He has a point. Majority of consumers in the UK - and everywhere - aren't obsessed with gaming news and are likely to not know about this announcement. The general public won't follow unless Sony makes sure what they announce is worth following for them, which is possible, but unlikely.

That's where you're wrong. People know when there's a new iPhone right? When its announced we hear about it on all the major tech/mobile sites and even on the news. Now, I'm not saying PS4 will get the same amount of coverage, but it will get coverage.


Completely agree. It will get coverage, but limited. As such, if we peg the number of UK video game consumers at 25 million, I'm confident that the PS4 will not get enough coverage to get the majority, or more than 12.5m, of consumers to take note.

@platformmaster918, do you really expect the average soccer mom or only-plays-CoD teenager to check out videos of video game news? They usually don't know about new consoles until they see advertisements.

Why are we talking like this only applies to PS4? The next Xbox reveal won't reach the masses until they actually see a commerical for it or see it themselves in stores.



"Ten years ago, to think we would be the leader in our second generation is an achievement." Leader? Did they take first in UK, already, or is Wii still number one? Also, funny how he's speaking of only UK. However, if one looks at the larger picture (EU) then the 360 is dead last.

As for the majority not knowing, maybe normal UK consumers won't know about it, at least not right away. However, all the GAMERS are going to know about it and it will only spread from there.



Around the Network
Somini said:
sales2099 said:
badgenome said:
After the PS4 reveal next week the majority of UK consumers won't even remember what an Xbox is.

PS3 is still last place...

Hasn't the PS3 been outselling the 360 for the last 4 years? Besides this thread is about the PS4!!


That would make no sense, because PS3 still didn't passed the 360 in total sales.



badgenome said:
After the PS4 reveal next week the majority of UK consumers won't even remember what an Xbox is.


2nd that.



 

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

VGKing said:

Why are we talking like this only applies to PS4? The next Xbox reveal won't reach the masses until they actually see a commerical for it or see it themselves in stores.

,
Completely agree. We're only talking about PS4 because a) this guy's from MS and b) the PS4's announcement is imminent. This applies to every new announcement.



 

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

RazorDragon said:
Somini said:
sales2099 said:
badgenome said:
After the PS4 reveal next week the majority of UK consumers won't even remember what an Xbox is.

PS3 is still last place...

Hasn't the PS3 been outselling the 360 for the last 4 years? Besides this thread is about the PS4!!


That would make no sense, because PS3 still didn't passed the 360 in total sales.

For how much longer?



According to a new study; YouTube, Xbox.com, NeoGaf, N4G, VGChartz, IGN, GameSpot, GameStop, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, All of Europe, FAMITSU, Japan, the rest of Asia and The whole of the Middle East among countless others are experiencing a Tsunami of people in love with Sony's gamings offerings.

Somini said:
RazorDragon said:
Somini said:
sales2099 said:
badgenome said:
After the PS4 reveal next week the majority of UK consumers won't even remember what an Xbox is.

PS3 is still last place...

Hasn't the PS3 been outselling the 360 for the last 4 years? Besides this thread is about the PS4!!


That would make no sense, because PS3 still didn't passed the 360 in total sales.

For how much longer?


Every next-gen console will have released by then and that will no longer be relevant. 360 stood above PS3 sales wise for the entire gen.