Gosh, amazing trailer for BotW 2!
Loved the dark tone!
BTW, after searching, reading and watching analysis of the trailer all the day, I've come with some interesting comments and theories:
1. As many have guessed, I also belive the dead corpse is Ganondorf.
2. I think that at the end of the trailer when we saw the castle going up, maybe the malice will cover Hyrule and could transform the kingdom into the "dark" version. I remember people believing BotW was going to have a dark world version. Could this be the one?
3. Others have said that maybe the quake will fracture the terrain and we are going to see a lot of differences through the land, being caves the most prominent difference compared to the og game.
4. This is the most interesting one: the green magic that is holding the corpse, may be magic or sheikah tec. Once the corpse get free, Link may absorb that magic/tech in his right hand, and it could transform into different things as a replacement of the sheikah slate. Let's remember that one of the concept art shared by Nintendo was one with Link and his right hand as different weapons.
5. This is just an observation on my part: we saw during the trailer that the magic hand is holding the corpse, but at some point we see the same hand holding someone's arm. What if, the hand holds Zelda as a replacement of the evil corpse and we have to save her? Or maybe is Link the trapped one?
Anyway, I expect the game to come, at the earliest, holiday 2020, but most likely march 2021. 4 years after BotW.