Quantcast
Unconfirmed: Square Enix Holding Special Conference Early Next Year, New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Details Expected

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unconfirmed: Square Enix Holding Special Conference Early Next Year, New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Details Expected

Tagged games:

I don't care if is multiplat just finish the damn thing Square.



Around the Network
Nem said:

What i'd like to see:

FFXIV:ARR release date announced (im hoping beta is already started by then).
FF Type-0 ported and enhanced on the Vita for worldwide release.
FF Versus XIII renamed as FFXV and released PS3 Exclusive.
FFXVI teased and confirmed for next gen (Maybe with Wii U already confirmed as one of the systems).

EDIT: I forgot to add: Lightning Returns FFXIII - Cancelled. Releasing a cg movie on dvd for the end of the story (or just leave it like that really). This is a good idea!

Everyone wants to forget FFXIII ever existed, and square should do the same for their own good.

Fixed :)

Its the PSP crowd who have been patiently waiting on FFType-0, lets just pretend for a second they actually matter and not slap them in the face by putting it on a completely ajacent platform after ORIGINALLY ANNOUNCED for PSP.

Versus should/and better stay exclusive(I know the unlikely hood of this tho). We have already seen what this MP mind set has done to SE and the FF series after FFXIII. Sickening to a die-hard fan like me. FF's fanase is synonomous with Playstation, that is no secret, just pure fact. FFXIII's sales on PS3 far outstrip what they did on 360 and many of those buyers would have/should have bought a PS3 simply for that game. Spreading a game to multiple platforms does not magically grow the fanbase. The same number of fans will exist, and the same avg of buyers will grow with each entry, or decrease on the game's merit. Every single previously exclusive game fro mthe PS2 years, that is now MP has proved this. Many times they sell WORSE, and inevitably lose money for having to develop for 2+ systems in the first place. It is far better to stick to the one platform where 70+% of your fanbase resides, save the money you would put into being MP. Ninja Theory and From Software both learned this recently.

I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee. Multiplatform is something propagated by Microsoft to perpetuate developers couldn't survive with just Sony and NIN in order to weaken their hold on the market. Its one of those self fullfilling profecies that if you say it long enough it starts becoming true (IE: Handheld market being taken over by phones). As far as I can see, it has done nothing but hurt every series it has touched, and the market as a whole.



      

      

      

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Panama said:
I feel as though this game will suffer the same fate that befalls all games that take so long to be released. It won't match the heightened expectations of the consumer, regardless of how good it is.


It's going to happen.



forevercloud3000 said:
Nem said:

What i'd like to see:

FFXIV:ARR release date announced (im hoping beta is already started by then).
FF Type-0 ported and enhanced on the 3DS for worldwide release.
FF Versus XIII renamed as FFXV and released multi-platform.
FFXVI teased and confirmed for next gen (Maybe with Wii U already confirmed as one of the systems).

EDIT: I forgot to add: Lightning Returns FFXIII - Cancelled. Releasing a cg movie on dvd for the end of the story (or just leave it like that really). This is a good idea!

Everyone wants to forget FFXIII ever existed, and square should do the same for their own good.

Fixed :)

Its the PSP crowd who have been patiently waiting on FFType-0, lets just pretend for a second they actually matter and not slap them in the face by putting it on a completely ajacent platform after ORIGINALLY ANNOUNCED for PSP.

Versus should/and better stay exclusive(I know the unlikely hood of this tho). We have already seen what this MP mind set has done to SE and the FF series after FFXIII. Sickening to a die-hard fan like me. FF's fanase is synonomous with Playstation, that is no secret, just pure fact. FFXIII's sales on PS3 far outstrip what they did on 360 and many of those buyers would have/should have bought a PS3 simply for that game. Spreading a game to multiple platforms does not magically grow the fanbase. The same number of fans will exist, and the same avg of buyers will grow with each entry, or decrease on the game's merit. Every single previously exclusive game fro mthe PS2 years, that is now MP has proved this. Many times they sell WORSE, and inevitably lose money for having to develop for 2+ systems in the first place. It is far better to stick to the one platform where 70+% of your fanbase resides, save the money you would put into being MP. Ninja Theory and From Software both learned this recently.

I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee. Multiplatform is something propagated by Microsoft to perpetuate developers couldn't survive with just Sony and NIN in order to weaken their hold on the market. Its one of those self fullfilling profecies that if you say it long enough it starts becoming true (IE: Handheld market being taken over by phones). As far as I can see, it has done nothing but hurt every series it has touched, and the market as a whole.


Fixed your bad fix.

I am not interest in Sony fanboyish rampages, i want to see the games out in the systems where they will find the most players/sales and Squeenix makes the most money in. You are terribly mistaken if you think all FF fans have Sony home systems this gen.

I would rather FFType 0 released in the PSP, but guess what? Sony isnt letting Squeenix do it. Therefore, they should lose the game altogether. Its the same kind of crap they pulled with Monster Hunter and Capcom.



to be honest considering the time we have already waited im hoping they delay it onto the ps4 in launch window. if it really is ambitious as they say. the AI, physics etc will be so much greater on the ps4 aswell as a graphics upgrade and overall production value



Around the Network

Early next year? Why not the end of this year >_>

Oh well its January...better late than never.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Nem said:


Fixed your bad fix.

I am not interest in Sony fanboyish rampages, i want to see the games out in the systems where they will find the most players/sales and Squeenix makes the most money in. You are terribly mistaken if you think all FF fans have Sony home systems this gen.

I would rather FFType 0 released in the PSP, but guess what? Sony isnt letting Squeenix do it. Therefore, they should lose the game altogether. Its the same kind of crap they pulled with Monster Hunter and Capcom.


Source on that?



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:
Nem said:


Fixed your bad fix.

I am not interest in Sony fanboyish rampages, i want to see the games out in the systems where they will find the most players/sales and Squeenix makes the most money in. You are terribly mistaken if you think all FF fans have Sony home systems this gen.

I would rather FFType 0 released in the PSP, but guess what? Sony isnt letting Squeenix do it. Therefore, they should lose the game altogether. Its the same kind of crap they pulled with Monster Hunter and Capcom.


Source on that?


Do you pay atention to gaming news? I'll try to get the link again for you, but it was said by Svensson in the capcom unity site. Something about Sony refusing to bring over their firmware or software for adoc that the japanese counterpart had. MH3HD had to be cancelled because of that (and they couldnt do a double whammy with the PSP like they are doing with Wii U/3DS now).



Nem said:
BasilZero said:
Nem said:


Fixed your bad fix.

I am not interest in Sony fanboyish rampages, i want to see the games out in the systems where they will find the most players/sales and Squeenix makes the most money in. You are terribly mistaken if you think all FF fans have Sony home systems this gen.

I would rather FFType 0 released in the PSP, but guess what? Sony isnt letting Squeenix do it. Therefore, they should lose the game altogether. Its the same kind of crap they pulled with Monster Hunter and Capcom.


Source on that?


Do you pay atention to gaming news? I'll try to get the link again for you, but it was said by Svensson in the capcom unity site. Something about Sony refusing to bring over their firmware or software for adoc that the japanese counterpart had. MH3HD has to be cancelled because of that (and they couldnt do a double whammy with the PSP like they are doing with Wii U/3DS now.

Monster Hunter doesnt interest me so no I dont check on information about that nor do I remember seeing anything like that, when was this said last year? If so way before I even started coming here (and seeing news about certain stuff lol).

I see, no need for the links - The information you just stated was enough. Thank you.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:
Nem said:
BasilZero said:
Nem said:


Fixed your bad fix.

I am not interest in Sony fanboyish rampages, i want to see the games out in the systems where they will find the most players/sales and Squeenix makes the most money in. You are terribly mistaken if you think all FF fans have Sony home systems this gen.

I would rather FFType 0 released in the PSP, but guess what? Sony isnt letting Squeenix do it. Therefore, they should lose the game altogether. Its the same kind of crap they pulled with Monster Hunter and Capcom.


Source on that?


Do you pay atention to gaming news? I'll try to get the link again for you, but it was said by Svensson in the capcom unity site. Something about Sony refusing to bring over their firmware or software for adoc that the japanese counterpart had. MH3HD has to be cancelled because of that (and they couldnt do a double whammy with the PSP like they are doing with Wii U/3DS now.

Monster Hunter doesnt interest me so no I dont check on information about that nor do I remember seeing anything like that, when was this said last year? If so way before I even started coming here (and seeing news about certain stuff lol).

I see, no need for the links - The information you just stated was enough. Thank you.


It was from last year, when people were enraged that no monter hunter was coming over, despite MH3G beeing announced. The net is too littered with ultimate news now, its very difficult to find the link now.

Managed to find something: http://www.kotowari.org/christian-svensson-speaks-out-regarding-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-in-the-west/

Its not the whole story but its the gist of it before he revealed to us that MHP3HD for PS3 was actually in development but had to be cancelled because Sony basically gave them the middle-finger.