Quantcast
So, who here will avoid Oreos because of a rainbow one produced for ad campaign?

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, who here will avoid Oreos because of a rainbow one produced for ad campaign?

TruckOSaurus said:
WiiBox3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Everyone knows that the best burger place is The Works, over 70 kinds of burgers available for your eating pleasure!


Never heard of it. But in my experience a place that specialises in one type of burger usually does a better job.

It's a Canadian franchise.


Ahhh. That's why. When I go to Vancouver I seem to only eat seafood and chinese food. Though I heard New York Fries is awesome.



Around the Network

I'm a bit torn on this to be honest as well.

I feel it's great to have a company's support for gay people. I go back to my thought on chicafila (where I felt that it was annoying for a fast food restaurant to take a political stance. I feel slightly hypocritical in the aspect that i feel nabisco should have the right to feel how they do, whereas chicafila shouldn't. Of course then again, one is spreading a message of love and acceptance and the other is preaching about sin and an abomination.



mmmm, burgers.....*drools*

Oh wait, what was this thread about? . Ah yes, rainbow Oreo pub. Always nice to see a brand trying to appeal to every group and consumer out there without restricting itself to the status quo of political correct "won't somebody think of the children!" slur that every homophobe agenda has.

People have to learn this is everyone's world and that this is the 21st century.



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mmmm, burgers.....*drools*

Oh wait, what was this thread about? . Ah yes, rainbow Oreo pub. Always nice to see a brand trying to appeal to every group and consumer out there and restricting itself to the status quo of political correct "won't somebody think of the children!" slur that every homophobe agenda has.

People have to learn this is everyone's world and that this is the 21st century.

Political cookie thread morphs into one about burgers... FTW!



richardhutnik said:
lestatdark said:
mmmm, burgers.....*drools*

Oh wait, what was this thread about? . Ah yes, rainbow Oreo pub. Always nice to see a brand trying to appeal to every group and consumer out there and restricting itself to the status quo of political correct "won't somebody think of the children!" slur that every homophobe agenda has.

People have to learn this is everyone's world and that this is the 21st century.

Political cookie thread morphs into one about burgers... FTW!

Thus creating one of the best thread in recent VGC history . And making me wish that we had a better choice in burger chains in my country .



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
homer said:

No. The bible clearly states that being gay is a sin. Any christian who defends it as if it is not a sin is either not actually a christian or very mislead and ignorant of what their religion actually states. Sure, you can be kind and nice to others with different beliefs but you must draw a line and the sand and not stand up for something that is explicitly stated as wrong.

Doesn't the bible also say something about how we aren't supposed to judge people?  So we should not be judging a company based on their opinion about gay people, whether or not a religion says being gay is a sin.



Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
homer said:

No. The bible clearly states that being gay is a sin. Any christian who defends it as if it is not a sin is either not actually a christian or very mislead and ignorant of what their religion actually states. Sure, you can be kind and nice to others with different beliefs but you must draw a line and the sand and not stand up for something that is explicitly stated as wrong.

Doesn't the bible also say something about how we aren't supposed to judge people?  So we should not be judging a company based on their opinion about gay people, whether or not a religion says being gay is a sin.

Something like: Do not judge, lest you be judged.  For every measure you use, you will likewise be judged by.  There is also 70x7 on forgiveness in times you forgive.  And there is the one of being without sin, before you cast the first stone.