Quantcast
The Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Tridrakious said:
I don't know. I'm actually impressed with the character models (as of 2011) for Versus. I also like that Nomura can do more than just zippers and leather.

There is nothing special or cool about the (now generic) Japanese characters spawned from Final Fantasy VII.

I gotta agree with leatherhat, the characters look like they belong in a yakuza game as random suit guy you beat up on the street 1-4. They aren't bad but they aren't good either. I kinda get points about the FF7 and other characters not being that great and I agree with some of them too but atleast they were unique and you could never mix them up with anything. Where these characters no matter how much they push the graphics the design is going to be meh.



Around the Network

 

It's kinda sad that it's taking them so long to get this game out in the open, even sadder because it's Nomura who's behind the game and I haven't yet been dissapointed by a Nomura game.

 

I have neither lost interest nor gained interest over Versus XIII, it's the same as it has always been. I've always used this moderated approach to games I want launched and it has paid dividends. If I hadn't, I still be despairing at the huge amount of time it's taking Blizzard to release Diablo III (and FF fans complain about 6 years of wait xD).

 

And I agree with the comments that say that FFVII character design isn't inspired at all. You want good character design? Here's a couple:









 



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

 

It's kinda sad that it's taking them so long to get this game out in the open, even sadder because it's Nomura who's behind the game and I haven't yet been dissapointed by a Nomura game.

 

I have neither lost interest nor gained interest over Versus XIII, it's the same as it has always been. I've always used this moderated approach to games I want launched and it has paid dividends. If I hadn't, I still be despairing at the huge amount of time it's taking Blizzard to release Diablo III (and FF fans complain about 6 years of wait xD).

 

And I agree with the comments that say that FFVII character design isn't inspired at all. You want good character design? Here's a couple:









 


Everyone of those was either created by Amano or based off of his work. I miss his art style in Final Fantasy. Nomura is impressing me with Versus XIII, since it's showing he has some range.



DarkDesent666 said:
Tridrakious said:
I don't know. I'm actually impressed with the character models (as of 2011) for Versus. I also like that Nomura can do more than just zippers and leather.

There is nothing special or cool about the (now generic) Japanese characters spawned from Final Fantasy VII.

I gotta agree with leatherhat, the characters look like they belong in a yakuza game as random suit guy you beat up on the street 1-4. They aren't bad but they aren't good either. I kinda get points about the FF7 and other characters not being that great and I agree with some of them too but atleast they were unique and you could never mix them up with anything. Where these characters no matter how much they push the graphics the design is going to be meh.

Noctis is the only character that has been shown repeatedly and he has had several different outfits. We don't know anything about the other characters and I haven't seen any updated screenshots of them.

Versus XIII is also focused on more of a real setting than any previous Final Fantasy game.



Tridrakious said:
Noctis is the only character that has been shown repeatedly and he has had several different outfits. We don't know anything about the other characters and I haven't seen any updated screenshots of them.

Versus XIII is also focused on more of a real setting than any previous Final Fantasy game.

Even so making characters look normal is never a good design choice. 



Around the Network
DarkDesent666 said:
Tridrakious said:
Noctis is the only character that has been shown repeatedly and he has had several different outfits. We don't know anything about the other characters and I haven't seen any updated screenshots of them.

Versus XIII is also focused on more of a real setting than any previous Final Fantasy game.

Even so making characters look normal is never a good design choice. 


from what i remember the chracters from ff8 was realistic for it's time, and it was a very very good jrpg, i loved it's realism, but they did also throw plenty of sci-fi stuff in the game as well, ff8 is still my favourite, to this date!!

many people are looking forwards to ffvs for the fact that it may be returning back to the whole" mature theme".



it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Tridrakious said:
Noctis is the only character that has been shown repeatedly and he has had several different outfits. We don't know anything about the other characters and I haven't seen any updated screenshots of them.

Versus XIII is also focused on more of a real setting than any previous Final Fantasy game.

Even so making characters look normal is never a good design choice. 


from what i remember the chracters from ff8 was realistic for it's time, and it was a very very good jrpg, i loved it's realism, but they did also throw plenty of sci-fi stuff in the game as well, ff8 is still my favourite, to this date!!

many people are looking forwards to ffvs for the fact that it may be returning back to the whole" mature theme".

They were realistic and they were unique. I mean even in their school uniforms they stood out more then the versus characters do. 



Will this be released for the ps4?



DarkDesent666 said:
Tridrakious said:
Noctis is the only character that has been shown repeatedly and he has had several different outfits. We don't know anything about the other characters and I haven't seen any updated screenshots of them.

Versus XIII is also focused on more of a real setting than any previous Final Fantasy game.

Even so making characters look normal is never a good design choice. 


I said much more focused on a real setting than any previous Final Fantasy game. Nothing about normal design. Have you seen the fight scenes that have been shown off? Far from normal and Noctis doesn't look normal either. Reminds me of Final Fantasy VIII. Larger than life characters that seemed relatable.



DarkDesent666 said:
jneul said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Tridrakious said:
Noctis is the only character that has been shown repeatedly and he has had several different outfits. We don't know anything about the other characters and I haven't seen any updated screenshots of them.

Versus XIII is also focused on more of a real setting than any previous Final Fantasy game.

Even so making characters look normal is never a good design choice. 


from what i remember the chracters from ff8 was realistic for it's time, and it was a very very good jrpg, i loved it's realism, but they did also throw plenty of sci-fi stuff in the game as well, ff8 is still my favourite, to this date!!

many people are looking forwards to ffvs for the fact that it may be returning back to the whole" mature theme".

They were realistic and they were unique. I mean even in their school uniforms they stood out more then the versus characters do. 

Again we haven't seen anything new on the other characters and Noctis looks very sharp in his suit. He is a modern day, fantasy prince.