Quantcast
So I finished Resistance 3 last night and it was pretty disappointing.

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I finished Resistance 3 last night and it was pretty disappointing.

CGI-Quality said:
smbu2000 said:
Aldro said:
Gamereactor says it was about 10 hours too.

They also say there were A LOT of memorable moments (especially boss encounters)...

(First opinion was 8/10, second opinion was 9/10)

The game is recieving really good scores... Beating Killzone 3 which I highly feel was nitpicked to death.

Are you sure about that? I was curious so I checked Metacritic and R3 has an 83 score after 22 reviews. KZ3 has an 84 score after 84 reviews. KZ3 had 10 total "mixed" reviews while R3 already has 5 of them. I think R3 will probably end up being lower than KZ3.

He made the post when it was still ahead of Killzone 3. Irrelevant either way, the game's gotten enough good reviews from the big sites that a point above/below Killzone 3 will make no difference.

It will be more than a point difference..possible going under 80...



 

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
arcane_chaos said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
about the g4 review..morgan webb did it..she is an idiot and biased as hell against sony..I remember she saying something utterly retarded about the psv during E3 as well but luckily the other two guys she was with shut her dumb ass down


you should've seen her and the rest of the staff when the Sony suffered the whole hack situation; eveything they talked about that was related to the PS3 was followed with some whitty identity theft joke, or when the were talking about something bad or sub-par onthe 360 was followed with "It's better than having your identity stolen!"

I didn't watch X-play/AOTS for nearly that entire month.

yeah sadly I think I got a glimpse of those things too...did you see her trying to take a shot at psv during E3? one annoying bitch...not that good looking either so it's no way forgivable :P


if I did I don't remember, what did she say?

and yeah she not all that hot either!(though if it was sara underwood...I might've forgaven here :p)



Lostplanet22 said:
CGI-Quality said:
smbu2000 said:
Aldro said:
Gamereactor says it was about 10 hours too.

They also say there were A LOT of memorable moments (especially boss encounters)...

(First opinion was 8/10, second opinion was 9/10)

The game is recieving really good scores... Beating Killzone 3 which I highly feel was nitpicked to death.

Are you sure about that? I was curious so I checked Metacritic and R3 has an 83 score after 22 reviews. KZ3 has an 84 score after 84 reviews. KZ3 had 10 total "mixed" reviews while R3 already has 5 of them. I think R3 will probably end up being lower than KZ3.

He made the post when it was still ahead of Killzone 3. Irrelevant either way, the game's gotten enough good reviews from the big sites that a point above/below Killzone 3 will make no difference.

It will be more than a point difference..possible going under 80...

Even if that happens, that's besides the point.



                                                                                                                                            

Lostplanet22 said:
CGI-Quality said:
smbu2000 said:
Aldro said:
Gamereactor says it was about 10 hours too.

They also say there were A LOT of memorable moments (especially boss encounters)...

(First opinion was 8/10, second opinion was 9/10)

The game is recieving really good scores... Beating Killzone 3 which I highly feel was nitpicked to death.

Are you sure about that? I was curious so I checked Metacritic and R3 has an 83 score after 22 reviews. KZ3 has an 84 score after 84 reviews. KZ3 had 10 total "mixed" reviews while R3 already has 5 of them. I think R3 will probably end up being lower than KZ3.

He made the post when it was still ahead of Killzone 3. Irrelevant either way, the game's gotten enough good reviews from the big sites that a point above/below Killzone 3 will make no difference.

It will be more than a point difference..possible going under 80...

No chance it'll drop out of the 80s. It's too good a game for that and the reviews are reflecting this.



non-gravity said:
when a reviewer says a game is 15 hours, it's 10 hours
when a reviewer says a game is 10 hours, it's 6-7 hours
when a reviewer says a game is 6 hour, it's 4 hours

I always thought it was the other way around. At least, for the type of game I prefer, RPG and action game, it always is. Reviewer will rush to write their review without playing the side quest or exploring close to everything there is to explore.



Around the Network
xinstantnoodlez said:

The campaign was going really well until it ended, I checked my time and I beat it in pretty much less than 5 hours. There weren't any epic boss fights like the Leviathan in R2 and it was way too easy. I thought that not having regenerating health would make the game a tad more difficult than usual shooters but enemies drop health packs every few seconds so you're never really in danger. As for the ending itself, it felt like such a cop out, it didn't even feel like  a proper closing to the story, it just ends and thats it trilogy over, no sign of a sequel coming either which I guess is a good thing.

After playing the beta throughout all of august and finally finishing the game in pretty much one day I don't think R3 is really that good. I've only seen two maps and two modes and a few weapons in the beta, but it wasn't any good. I know they're going to be more modes and more maps to explore so maybe it'll be a better experience when the servers open up and the full online is available to play. I'm not going to hold my breath though, I'll just go get Dead Island and hopefully enjoy that instead. 

Okay i don't care that people don't like a certain game everyone has an opinion thats fine, but when you just making things up to discredit a game and discourage sales you need to be called on it. I have checked everything from meta critic to game review sites facebook twitter topics and you tube reviews oddly enough almost everyone across the board loved this game not one of these sources mentioned a 5 hr length and there is absolutely huge boss fights so im just assuming you played it on the weakest settings so you could get thru faster and have random blackouts which would explain the so called lack of epic boss fights. There is no way a game would be getting these type of unanimous 8.5-9.5 scores if the length and quality of the game is as bad as you claim it is.



Icyedge said:
non-gravity said:
when a reviewer says a game is 15 hours, it's 10 hours
when a reviewer says a game is 10 hours, it's 6-7 hours
when a reviewer says a game is 6 hour, it's 4 hours

I always thought it was the other way around. At least, for the type of game I prefer, RPG and action game, it always is. Reviewer will rush to write their review without playing the side quest or exploring close to everything there is to explore.

Yeah its the other way around for me too.



xenogears1234 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:

The campaign was going really well until it ended, I checked my time and I beat it in pretty much less than 5 hours. There weren't any epic boss fights like the Leviathan in R2 and it was way too easy. I thought that not having regenerating health would make the game a tad more difficult than usual shooters but enemies drop health packs every few seconds so you're never really in danger. As for the ending itself, it felt like such a cop out, it didn't even feel like  a proper closing to the story, it just ends and thats it trilogy over, no sign of a sequel coming either which I guess is a good thing.

After playing the beta throughout all of august and finally finishing the game in pretty much one day I don't think R3 is really that good. I've only seen two maps and two modes and a few weapons in the beta, but it wasn't any good. I know they're going to be more modes and more maps to explore so maybe it'll be a better experience when the servers open up and the full online is available to play. I'm not going to hold my breath though, I'll just go get Dead Island and hopefully enjoy that instead. 

Okay i don't care that people don't like a certain game everyone has an opinion thats fine, but when you just making things up to discredit a game and discourage sales you need to be called on it. I have checked everything from meta critic to game review sites facebook twitter topics and you tube reviews oddly enough almost everyone across the board loved this game not one of these sources mentioned a 5 hr length and there is absolutely huge boss fights so im just assuming you played it on the weakest settings so you could get thru faster and have random blackouts which would explain the so called lack of epic boss fights. There is no way a game would be getting these type of unanimous 8.5-9.5 scores if the length and quality of the game is as bad as you claim it is.


how about you play the game first buddy?



"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

xinstantnoodlez said:
xenogears1234 said:
xinstantnoodlez said:

The campaign was going really well until it ended, I checked my time and I beat it in pretty much less than 5 hours. There weren't any epic boss fights like the Leviathan in R2 and it was way too easy. I thought that not having regenerating health would make the game a tad more difficult than usual shooters but enemies drop health packs every few seconds so you're never really in danger. As for the ending itself, it felt like such a cop out, it didn't even feel like  a proper closing to the story, it just ends and thats it trilogy over, no sign of a sequel coming either which I guess is a good thing.

After playing the beta throughout all of august and finally finishing the game in pretty much one day I don't think R3 is really that good. I've only seen two maps and two modes and a few weapons in the beta, but it wasn't any good. I know they're going to be more modes and more maps to explore so maybe it'll be a better experience when the servers open up and the full online is available to play. I'm not going to hold my breath though, I'll just go get Dead Island and hopefully enjoy that instead. 

Okay i don't care that people don't like a certain game everyone has an opinion thats fine, but when you just making things up to discredit a game and discourage sales you need to be called on it. I have checked everything from meta critic to game review sites facebook twitter topics and you tube reviews oddly enough almost everyone across the board loved this game not one of these sources mentioned a 5 hr length and there is absolutely huge boss fights so im just assuming you played it on the weakest settings so you could get thru faster and have random blackouts which would explain the so called lack of epic boss fights. There is no way a game would be getting these type of unanimous 8.5-9.5 scores if the length and quality of the game is as bad as you claim it is.


how about you play the game first buddy?


Your right im sorry im gonna go play it and im sure when i get around to it later this week you will be absolutely right and all the people that are talking the game up just want to make you look like bad because clearly going in you had no bias against this game. Where as everyone else who have played and reviewed the game are lieing about the length and boss fights. BTW what difficulty did you beat it on you seem to keep overlooking that question despite the fact that multiple people have asked that.



yo_john117 said:
Icyedge said:
non-gravity said:
when a reviewer says a game is 15 hours, it's 10 hours
when a reviewer says a game is 10 hours, it's 6-7 hours
when a reviewer says a game is 6 hour, it's 4 hours

I always thought it was the other way around. At least, for the type of game I prefer, RPG and action game, it always is. Reviewer will rush to write their review without playing the side quest or exploring close to everything there is to explore.

Yeah its the other way around for me too.

couldn't agree more  I don't like to rush never know what you will miss . 

if I'm correct aren't most review  debug copies so they can move from chapter to chapter use infinite lives  etc.play all the mp modes a few minutes each but still give an overall impression of the game , rather than immersing ones self in the game and then getting online to enjoy the action, half my friends list is from R2's 8 player online co-op and playing R3 right now it's the  thing i miss  , by the way what do you guys think of the art direction.