Quantcast
Metro 2033 9.99 on Steam

Forums - PC Discussion - Metro 2033 9.99 on Steam

Why pay 10€ for the game when you can get it elsewhere for 5€. Bought mine from gamersgate.



Around the Network
vlad321 said:
zarx said:

the scoped pistol was awsome, I think a lot of the complaints with the sooting stems from the fact that people treating it like every other shooter and going for headshots which considering most of the humans have bullet proof helmets is never a good idea in metro always sneak up till you can aim for the neck or face and you can take them out in one shot. Yes when you shoot a uy usally the rest of they people arround will hear the sound of them dropping/ the gunshot will alert them, because the sound is "realistically" incorperated into the AI unlike other games. That is not to say the AI wasn't buggy

That is the other thing. The ones with the armor took almost no damage if you hit the armor. People were just too dumb for the games' gameplay mechanics. Specifically the stealth.


I wouldn't say to dumb just so used to the same old mechanics in there FPS that they couldn't ajust to something different, which was a real shame because  2033 was a brilliant game



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Antabus said:

Why pay 10€ for the game when you can get it elsewhere for 5€. Bought mine from gamersgate.


yea I have seen it cheaper than this sale but it does expose it to people that can't or won't get it any other way for whatever reason.



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Brilliant game! probably my favorite shooter this gen.



zarx said:
vlad321 said:
zarx said:

the scoped pistol was awsome, I think a lot of the complaints with the sooting stems from the fact that people treating it like every other shooter and going for headshots which considering most of the humans have bullet proof helmets is never a good idea in metro always sneak up till you can aim for the neck or face and you can take them out in one shot. Yes when you shoot a uy usally the rest of they people arround will hear the sound of them dropping/ the gunshot will alert them, because the sound is "realistically" incorperated into the AI unlike other games. That is not to say the AI wasn't buggy

That is the other thing. The ones with the armor took almost no damage if you hit the armor. People were just too dumb for the games' gameplay mechanics. Specifically the stealth.


I wouldn't say to dumb just so used to the same old mechanics in there FPS that they couldn't ajust to something different, which was a real shame because  2033 was a brilliant game

I thought that that was what showed lack of intellect. Ability to comprehend and understand new material/situatoins/etc. They couldn't understand the new mechanics, therefore low intellect, which I just call dumb. Which is very much different than just "i don't like these mechanics." In the case of 2033 it's "I don't like these mechanics because of A, B, and C" where A, B, and C are utterly bullshit and the person didn't understand crap of how the game worked.



Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

 

Around the Network
zarx said:
Antabus said:

Why pay 10€ for the game when you can get it elsewhere for 5€. Bought mine from gamersgate.


yea I have seen it cheaper than this sale but it does expose it to people that can't or won't get it any other way for whatever reason.

I got it for a fiver during the Christmas sale (I think, it just joined my backlog and I never got round to it).

@Antabus- in the UK, it's currently £20 on Gamersgate or £10 on Steam.