Quantcast
SOCOM 4: we are all citizens of the world police force. what happened?

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM 4: we are all citizens of the world police force. what happened?

okay this thread is about the impresions i am getting from SOCOM and its beta.

its title is US Navy SEALs, yet is seems more like some politically correct bullcrap, where they are afraid to promote american exectptionalism. first off it doesnt even seem to be US SEALs, i think they even say its a international NATO force.

what the hell is this. in the campain they seem to fight along with some foreign girl soldier and other foreigners. The SEALs are the elite of the elite, no force can touch them, not even close. they would not form some coalition with anybody especially a female soldier.

this game feels like its being politically correct, like we are not citizens of the United States, but rather Global citizens of the world, garbage.

Where's the heroic US navy SEALs being deployed risking their lives to save people they dont even know. that is what makes America the best country in the world, no game developer should be ashamed to make a game about that.

on another note. the beta is alright i have been playing with the move. it seems the window is to big, and i have to aim to far to the edges of the screen to turn, and i cant see where i can adjust it. buts its not bad controls, but could definitely be better, and wheres my screen center lock, i want it. 

it seems like multiplayer will be very hard to get good at, i die a lot, but still probably have positive KDR.

well thats my rant, what do you guys think of SOCOM 4?



Around the Network
osamanobama said:

okay this thread is about the impresions i am getting from SOCOM and its beta.

its title is US Navy SEALs, yet is seems more like some politically correct bullcrap, where they are afraid to promote american exectptionalism. first off it doesnt even seem to be US SEALs, i think they even say its a international NATO force.

what the hell is this. in the campain they seem to fight along with some foreign girl soldier and other foreigners. The SEALs are the elite of the elite, no force can touch them, not even close. they would not form some coalition with anybody especially a female soldier.

this game feels like its being politically correct, like we are not citizens of the United States, but rather Global citizens of the world, garbage.

Where's the heroic US navy SEALs being deployed risking their lives to save people they dont even know. that is what makes America the best country in the world, no game developer should be ashamed to make a game about that.

on another note. the beta is alright i have been playing with the move. it seems the window is to big, and i have to aim to far to the edges of the screen to turn, and i cant see where i can adjust it. buts its not bad controls, but could definitely be better, and wheres my screen center lock, i want it. 

it seems like multiplayer will be very hard to get good at, i die a lot, but still probably have positive KDR.

well thats my rant, what do you guys think of SOCOM 4?

I can't agree with you on that :|



I agree to an extent, but SEALS do pefrorm joint ops with other agencies.



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

I agree to an extent, but SEALS do pefrorm joint ops with other agencies.


yes, but not what this game is portraying



I think in my honest opinion so far socom 4 is a steaming pile of dog shit that should have just been called Mag third person and then I would be a lot less angry about this game.



"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network
Chroniczaaa said:

I think in my honest opinion so far socom 4 is a steaming pile of dog shit that should have just been called Mag third person and then I would be a lot less angry about this game.

Damn is it that bad?  I haven't played it yet... waiting on the open beta... but what are your biggest problems with it so far?



i liked it so far  but playing it with the move is difficult but i need more practice .  



risking their live to save ppl they don't even know lol. what about ilegaly invading contries(irak)?



jonager said:

risking their live to save ppl they don't even know lol. what about ilegaly invading contries(irak)?


err... how was that illegal.

oh yeah it wasnt.

and i didnt realize that soldiers dicide where/who to attack defend?

could it be they dont.



Ricoswuave38 said:
Chroniczaaa said:

I think in my honest opinion so far socom 4 is a steaming pile of dog shit that should have just been called Mag third person and then I would be a lot less angry about this game.

Damn is it that bad?  I haven't played it yet... waiting on the open beta... but what are your biggest problems with it so far?


Cross-hairs, push to talk, camera angle is too awkward and too close, no more d-pad lean, cover system, matches are too big, grenades are absolutely fail,



"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia