Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can you turn off the bad language and/or subtitles in homefront?

So here's the deal. i want to get homefront but from watching videos i know it has lots of swearing and that these also come up as subtitles on the screen. If i cant disable these i wont be able to get the game and my parents will make me send it back. Does anyone know if you can disable the subtitles and/or swears. I think it may be ok to get if you can get rid of the subtitles because i can mute the TV. Thanks for the help guys! Appriciate it.



Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

 

Around the Network

Dude the things you see in the game are ten times worse than the things you will hear...If you may not play the game for bad swearing then be sure your parents will not like what you will see in the game;..



 

Lostplanet22 said:

Dude the things you see in the game are ten times worse than the things you will hear...If you may not play the game for bad swearing then be sure your parents will not like what you will see in the game;..

lol well i can try my best



Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

 

tell your parents to "grow the fuck up"  always worked wonders for me.



"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

tell your parents to "grow the fuck up"  always worked wonders for me.

sounds fun! :D



Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

 

Around the Network

Your from the UK right? just say that the BBFC rated it 15
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/ClassifiedWorks/67AD13A8CFA6A8CF80257819002DDAA2

then blame the BBFC and agree with your parents  when they get mad at you when they discover that the game contains strong voilence and language.. but finish the game first..



http://i45.tinypic.com/287dhcz.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/1553y14.jpghttp://oi56.tinypic.com/2v16t81.jpghttp://oi39.tinypic.com/5eg9y1.jpg

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)

chris.m95 said:

So here's the deal. i want to get homefront but from watching videos i know it has lots of swearing and that these also come up as subtitles on the screen. If i cant disable these i wont be able to get the game and my parents will make me send it back. Does anyone know if you can disable the subtitles and/or swears. I think it may be ok to get if you can get rid of the subtitles because i can mute the TV. Thanks for the help guys! Appriciate it.

Help me understand this.  It is an M-Rated title, right?  Are you old enough to buy the title on your own right, or do you need the approval of your parents?  If so, I have feeling you aren't supposed to be getting it.



richardhutnik said:
chris.m95 said:

So here's the deal. i want to get homefront but from watching videos i know it has lots of swearing and that these also come up as subtitles on the screen. If i cant disable these i wont be able to get the game and my parents will make me send it back. Does anyone know if you can disable the subtitles and/or swears. I think it may be ok to get if you can get rid of the subtitles because i can mute the TV. Thanks for the help guys! Appriciate it.

Help me understand this.  It is an M-Rated title, right?  Are you old enough to buy the title on your own right, or do you need the approval of your parents?  If so, I have feeling you aren't supposed to be getting it.

Im 15 and its rated 15



Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

 

NiKKoM said:

Your from the UK right? just say that the BBFC rated it 15
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/ClassifiedWorks/67AD13A8CFA6A8CF80257819002DDAA2

then blame the BBFC and agree with your parents  when they get mad at you when they discover that the game contains strong voilence and language.. but finish the game first..

thing is they are strict and watch me play the first level :( so i cant play all of it unless they say the first level is ok



Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

 

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
NiKKoM said:

Your from the UK right? just say that the BBFC rated it 15
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/ClassifiedWorks/67AD13A8CFA6A8CF80257819002DDAA2

then blame the BBFC and agree with your parents  when they get mad at you when they discover that the game contains strong voilence and language.. but finish the game first..

thing is they are strict and watch me play the first level :( so i cant play all of it unless they say the first level is ok

first level? well.. then your screwed... within 3 minutes your parents will say no... lots of voilence.. sorry mate.



http://i45.tinypic.com/287dhcz.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/1553y14.jpghttp://oi56.tinypic.com/2v16t81.jpghttp://oi39.tinypic.com/5eg9y1.jpg

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)