Quantcast
Will Spyro and Crash be saved, or lost forever?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Spyro and Crash be saved, or lost forever?

It makes me mad that those two franchises ended up with such a garbage company like Activision!

Unfortunately guys, If this brain-dead company would ever make a new title for these games I doubt it would be good

IM AFRAID ALL WE HAVE IS OUR MEMORIES.....RIP CRASH & SPYRO



Around the Network

Spyro and Crash? What are those?



Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

 

mchaza said:
Degausser said:

 The rumour is Neversoft (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero) are rebooting Crash. No idea where I read that rumour - I think one of the official console magazines had it in them. 

 The obvious problem for Crash, Spyro and any platformer franchise like that is just nowadays they can't sell that much. Last gen, the million sales each Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter game got were fine, but with HD consoles higher costs, if a genre / style of game can't get far beyond a million it's not going to happen - hence why Insomniac are pretty much focused on Resistance now and ND on Uncharted.

 You'd think they could do something really cool with Crash or Spyro on the Wii (What with Mario kicking arse n all), but even Sonic, who has far more appeal then crash / spyro, doesn't get much beyond a million there. So I guess the answer is this sort of game just doesn't sell like it did in the PS1 days :(.

 However! Sly Cooper 4 was 'announced' in the Sly Collection so this type of game isn't totally dead. Maybe it's just going to migrate to something like the NGP, where the game can be produced on a smaller budget to make financial viable - but is no longer hindered by lack of a camera controlling analogue stick. I reckon that's where Sly Cooper 4 is so hopefully that's a trend or something. I'd love to see any of them return though, but it's hard to see how they could make them as good as we want them to be and sell enough copies to make it viable.

neversoft is no more 

an once premier dev now is gone 

 Don't think so, they cut alot of staff in April 2010 but Neversoft were hiring for new staff in June 2010. Looks like Activision shook them up pretty hard but I think they still exsist and they're still working on a new game, which isn't GH or TH.

 The staff listing in June said they were working on an 'Action Shooter' though so maybe the Crash thing is just a rumour. Maybe they changed project, but they seem to still exsist at the moment either way.



Degausser said:
mchaza said:
Degausser said:

 The rumour is Neversoft (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero) are rebooting Crash. No idea where I read that rumour - I think one of the official console magazines had it in them. 

 The obvious problem for Crash, Spyro and any platformer franchise like that is just nowadays they can't sell that much. Last gen, the million sales each Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter game got were fine, but with HD consoles higher costs, if a genre / style of game can't get far beyond a million it's not going to happen - hence why Insomniac are pretty much focused on Resistance now and ND on Uncharted.

 You'd think they could do something really cool with Crash or Spyro on the Wii (What with Mario kicking arse n all), but even Sonic, who has far more appeal then crash / spyro, doesn't get much beyond a million there. So I guess the answer is this sort of game just doesn't sell like it did in the PS1 days :(.

 However! Sly Cooper 4 was 'announced' in the Sly Collection so this type of game isn't totally dead. Maybe it's just going to migrate to something like the NGP, where the game can be produced on a smaller budget to make financial viable - but is no longer hindered by lack of a camera controlling analogue stick. I reckon that's where Sly Cooper 4 is so hopefully that's a trend or something. I'd love to see any of them return though, but it's hard to see how they could make them as good as we want them to be and sell enough copies to make it viable.

neversoft is no more 

an once premier dev now is gone 

 Don't think so, they cut alot of staff in April 2010 but Neversoft were hiring for new staff in June 2010. Looks like Activision shook them up pretty hard but I think they still exsist and they're still working on a new game, which isn't GH or TH.

 The staff listing in June said they were working on an 'Action Shooter' though so maybe the Crash thing is just a rumour. Maybe they changed project, but they seem to still exsist at the moment either way.

more like another COD because thats all that activison can make now. they have like half there studios working on cod 



Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Cheebee said:

Spyro and Crash? What are those?


Please tell me you are joking, it's hurtful because those franchises brought me to gaming!



Around the Network

I don't think they can.. but I hope I'm wrong :D

I actually liked Dawn of the Dragon very much. I thought it was way better than the others.



Spyro and Crash both died when they left the original devs. They were some of my favorite PS1 games too.



Rainbow Yoshi said:
Cheebee said:

Spyro and Crash? What are those?


Please tell me you are joking, it's hurtful because those franchises brought me to gaming!

It was sarcasm, yes. But let's face it: they're dead.



Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

 

Cheebee said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Cheebee said:

Spyro and Crash? What are those?


Please tell me you are joking, it's hurtful because those franchises brought me to gaming!

It was sarcasm, yes. But let's face it: they're dead.

I know that though, Activision are not good gaming developers!



It makes me sad to think these series are dead, as I grew up playing these series before they left to different developers.

I always hope that they will go back to Insomniac and Naughty Dog, maybe the rights will be sold one day and they'll buy them. Probably will never happen but there is always hope.