Ok, this is mostly stolen from sqrl's old league, so I'm running it this year (just drafted for my fantasy league last night). I enjoyed doing this before, so I'm going to run it this year since we don't have one up right now. Game one starts tonight so if you hurry up and submit your entries before kickoff (either post here, or pm) you'll be able to participate in every game. If you miss a game/week, no biggie I'll be keeping your stats up to date. I will accept partial submissions just fill out the appropriate portion you wish to submit. Lack of information means you picked no one for that game. I will be posting an example ballot as soon as I get done posting all the placeholder posts.
"Expert Picks" Links
This is a website I have been using for a while now and some of the information they present is simply awesome. It includes clinching scenarios for playoff seeds, eliminations scenarios for those same seeds, losing and winning magic numbers, and some model based percentages of how the league will play out on a conference and divisional level. The look of the site is very plain and simple but make sure to browse around each of the options on the left and you'll find the content they do have is pretty outstanding.
- More to come...
- NFL (Dec 21st): NE, PIT, CHI, and ATL have all clinched playoff spots.
- Results (Dec 21st) BoneArk won week 15 with 11 wins.
- Results (Dec 14th) allaboutthegames885 won week 14 with 12 wins and a tie breaker
- Results (Dec 9th) manusjustus won week 13 with 14 wins and a tie breaker
- Results (Dec 3rd) allaboutthegames885 won week 12 with 13 wins
- Results (Nov 24th) nordlead won week 11 with 15 wins and a tie breaker
- Results (Nov 17th) allaboutthegames885 won Week 10 with 8 wins and a tie breaker.
- Results (Nov 9th) JerzeeBalla won Week 8 with 10 wins and a tie breaker, and BoneArk won week 9 with 11 wins and a tie breaker with exact score prediction.
- Results (Oct 28th) allaboutthegames885 wins week 7 with 11 wins and a tie breaker
- (Oct 19th) Playoff points system is posted with week 7 template. The no penalty entry date is 1PM Oct 24th.
- Results (Oct 19th) SaviorX wins week 6 with 10 wins and a tie breaker
- Results (Oct 12th) nordlead wins week 5 with 9 wins and a tie breaker
- Results (Oct 6th) ManusJustus wins week 4 with 10 wins
- Results (Sep 29th) Pipedream24 wins week 3 with 10 wins in a 4-way tie.
- (Sep 21st) Results Updated and ballot for Week 3 added
- Results (Sep 20th) brawl4life wins week 2 with 10 wins and with monday night game still to be played
- Results (Sep 14th) Hatmoza wins week 1 with 12 wins and a tie breaker
- Important (Sep 9th) I will only accept entries posted here due to PMs not having rich text editing.
- (Sep 9th) Week 1 Predictions are open1
- (Sep 9th) League Created
Everyone please read the rules before taking part, otherwise you may find that your picks aren't counted for one reason or another.
The rules: (important stuff in bold)
1 - All you need to do is copy & paste the template list of games below and choose the team you think will win each match. To signify your choice place the W (which is in the away team column by default) into the column next to the team you believe will win. Remember that if you put your cursor in the text box and hit Ctrl A it will select everything in the box. Then you can copy/paste the ballot as is into a PM/Post and make the adjustments needed to reflect your predictions.
2 - Then post your picks here before the deadline - This is crucial - the site does leave a time stamp when someone edits their post so you must have the edit time prior to kickoff. PMs no longer support rich text so I will not be accepting any PMs
3 - Also, guess the total score for the monday night game each week. This will allow us to have a weekly league winner, and will resolve who wins in the event of a tie for the most correct picks. Since there are 2 monday night games in Week 1 we will specify BAL @ NYJ as the tie-breaker prediction game for week 1. Additionally there is no Week 17 monday night game, thus the DAL @ PHI game in Week 17 will be the tiebreaker game for that week. All other tiebreakers for Week's 2 through 16 will be the one and only monday night game that week.
4 - The deadline for all games is kickoff.
5 - The person with the most points after the superbowl wins, simple as that. In the event of a tie for most points & wins, the person with the least amount of losses is the winner. If there is a tie for the most amount of points & wins and least amount of losses, the person with the most weeks at No.1 wins. If still tied then the person with the most weekly league wins is the winner.
i.e Points>Wins>Losses>Weeks at No.1 (based on total points)>Weekly wins>Contest wins.
Scores Current through Week 1
Click to enlarge
Individual Weekly Results
Playoffs: Wildcard Round - Divisional Playoffs - Conference Championships - Super Bowl
Super Detailed Tie-Breaker Rules (Not everyone needs to read these):
The weekly tiebreaker, if needed, will be determined by first looking at all those tied for the most correct predictions (including the Monday night game). This means a person ahead by one game going into monday night might find themselves in a tiebreaker if they predict the wrong winner and the person 1 game back predicts the correct one. Among those tied, whoever is closest to the total points scored in the monday night game is the winner regardless of whether they predicted the correct outcome for the game (they were already penalised for getting it wrong in the overall tally, so penalising again is double jeopardy). If there is still a tie the person who got their predictions to me first will be declared the winner (this is because making early predictions is a disadvantage).
Note: The kickoff times listed in the prediction ballot are for Eastern Standard Time (EST) and are for approximation only. I will be checking submission times against the actual kickoff time in cases where it is close and will be applying the rule down to the minute with a 1:03 pick submission time being the latest valid entry for a 1:03 kickoff (in other words please try to get your picks in at least 5 minutes before kickoff so you're not late by a mere minute - yes it is harsh but there has to be a hard cutoff to be fair to everyone playing and this is the one we are using). I will always have my picks up In the thread before kickoff.
In the event of someone going on vacation (or really any decent reason at all) I will accept picks for 2 weeks (the current and the next) in order to accomodate, however the next week's picks will be treated as a Wednesday 6PM submission for tiebreaking purposes. Please only do this if you actually need to, the less stuff I have to remember the better for everyone!
Finally, I would like to wish everyone a fun and entertaining season and I hope your favorite team loses to mine!