Quantcast
What are your top 10 favorite single-player first-person shooters?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your top 10 favorite single-player first-person shooters?

Basically what the title asks.

Here is mine:

  • Deus Ex
  • Half-Life Tied with Half-Life 2
  • System Shock 2
  • Battlezone
  • Doom
  • Crysis 
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (Haters gonna hate..... That is the last time I'm saying that)
  • No One Lives Forever 2
  • Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
  • Duke Nukem 3D


  • Around the Network

    TBH I don't reallylike FPS, And I really don't like multiplayer, unless it's local with friends. if it's not awesome (or have role-playing elements. i think it's boring)


    1. Deus Ex
    2. Half Life 2: Episode 2 (and Half Life 2) (half life 2 episode one was bleh)
    3. Crysis
    4. Perfect Dark
    5. Bioshock
    In no order
    Jedi Knight II
    Deus Ex 2
    Half Life
    Far Cry
    Edit Oops: FEAR: (Boring now, fun as hell when I played it)

    Really though, if it came down to just shooting mechanics I'd half to take Deus Ex, Deus Ex 2, and Bioshock.



    thelifatree said:

    TBH I don't reallylike FPS, And I really don't like multiplayer, unless it's local with friends. if it's not awesome (or have role-playing elements. i think it's boring)


    1. Deus Ex
    2. Half Life 2: Episode 2 (and Half Life 2) (half life 2 episode one was bleh)
    3. Crysis
    4. Perfect Dark
    5. Bioshock
    In no order
    Jedi Knight II
    Deus Ex 2
    Half Life
    Far Cry
    Team Fortress 2 (Yes, the exception to the rule, though I still don't play it that much)

    Really though, if it came down to just shooting mechanics I'd half to take Deus Ex, Deus Ex 2, and Bioshock.

    BioShock? That game had non-existent RPG elements, it was more of a shooter than System Shock 2.



    CollectiveCynic said:
    thelifatree said:

    TBH I don't reallylike FPS, And I really don't like multiplayer, unless it's local with friends. if it's not awesome (or have role-playing elements. i think it's boring)


    1. Deus Ex
    2. Half Life 2: Episode 2 (and Half Life 2) (half life 2 episode one was bleh)
    3. Crysis
    4. Perfect Dark
    5. Bioshock
    In no order
    Jedi Knight II
    Deus Ex 2
    Half Life
    Far Cry
    Edit: Oops Fear. (it's boring now, but it was a blast when I played it!)

    Really though, if it came down to just shooting mechanics I'd half to take Deus Ex, Deus Ex 2, and Bioshock.

    BioShock? That game had non-existent RPG elements, it was more of a shooter than System Shock 2.

    yes, but it's atmosphere was fantastic. Hence the reason I liked it.



    thelifatree said:
    CollectiveCynic said:
    thelifatree said:

    TBH I don't reallylike FPS, And I really don't like multiplayer, unless it's local with friends. if it's not awesome (or have role-playing elements. i think it's boring)


    1. Deus Ex
    2. Half Life 2: Episode 2 (and Half Life 2) (half life 2 episode one was bleh)
    3. Crysis
    4. Perfect Dark
    5. Bioshock
    In no order
    Jedi Knight II
    Deus Ex 2
    Half Life
    Far Cry
    Edit: Oops Fear. (it's boring now, but it was a blast when I played it!)

    Really though, if it came down to just shooting mechanics I'd half to take Deus Ex, Deus Ex 2, and Bioshock.

    BioShock? That game had non-existent RPG elements, it was more of a shooter than System Shock 2.

    yes, but it's atmosphere was fantastic. Hence the reason I liked it.

    I wasn't implying that, you can keep BioShock on your list hence it's purely a shooter at it's core. It's a very good game, one of 2007's best. Gets a lot of backlash from System Shock 2 fans for not carrying out System Shock 2's deep RPG elements and rehashing the same plot.



    Around the Network

    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

    Half-Life 2

    Left 4 Dead

    Portal

    Goldeneye

    Unreal Tournament III

    Far Cry 2

    SWAT 4

    Halo: Combat Evolved

    Resistance



    Mine are(not in order):

  • Half-life 2
  • Medal of Honor: Frontlines(Tied with Nightfire as best PS2 FPS)
  • Half-life
  • Black
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Bioshock
  • The Darkness
  • SWAT 4
  • Portal
  • Crysis
  • note: I would've included Halo 3 but I have always played it in co-op which was awesome btw.

    another note: have to play more PC shooters.



    Hmm... well, I wasn't a big FPS gamer before 7th gen started (I only played CS 1.6 a lot^^), so my list will only/mostly contain 7th gen FPSs:

    1. Killzone 2

    2. Bioshock

    3. CoD: Modern Warfare 2

    4. CoD: Modern Warfare

    5. Bioshock 2

    6. Resistance

    7. Resistance 2

    8. CoD: World at War

    9. Half-Life 2

    10. Battlefield: Bad Company

     

    #3 - #7 could also be a bit different in order.



    2012 - Top 3 [so far]

                                                                                 #1                                       #2                                      #3

          

    Hm, there's not a whole lot of those for the Wii.

    1. Metroid Prime

    2. Metroid Prime 2

    3. Metroid Prime 3

    4 The Conduit

    Medal of Honor (Pretty much all WWII games seem the same to me)

    I think that's all the FPS's I've played. It's not really my favorite genre.

    Does Star Wars Battlefront Count? I've played that on the PS2 and the XBox, and it was amazing. I love that game.



     Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

    Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

    Packie said:

    Mine are(not in order):

  • Half-life 2
  • Medal of Honor: Frontlines(Tied with Nightfire as best PS2 FPS)
  • Half-life
  • Black
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Bioshock
  • The Darkness
  • SWAT 4
  • Portal
  • Crysis
  • note: I would've included Halo 3 but I have always played it in co-op which was awesome btw.

    another note: have to play more PC shooters.


    Well be sure to play the original Deus Ex, you will not be disappointed. :)