- If you want to trade in or sell the game later.
- If you want to lend it to a friend.
- If you don't have fast internet.
- If you have a data cap.
- If you like having a physical item for collection purposes, i.e look good on a shelf.
- If digital prices are insane (at launch they usually are).
I don’t sell games, it’s not worth the effort
I can’t even remember the last time I lent a game to a friend or lent a game from a friend
I have fiber to my house and pay for 100/100 mpbs
I don’t have a data cap
I see no purpose of physical games if I have to install them anyway
I agree that digital is to expensive if you consider you don’t have to make and/or distribute a physical copy (same thing can be said about ebooks). But heck convinience.