By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Evidence for Mass Effect on PS3

"No comment" is a confirmation that it's coming.

Around the Network

slight problem with ME1. M$ own the publishing rights to ME1.

Adding fuel to the fire !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

EA can still port ME2 to the PS3 without porting the first one. ME2 was made to integrate new players into the story through codex and with character interaction ( Characters explaining Shepard's previous missions and choices during his/her fight with Seren and Sovereign from the first one). Did you honestly think EA and Bioware were only going after the people who bought the first one?

Having played a brand new game without porting a save data from the first ME. PS3 owners can still play the second one and understand the main story of the series.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

big_boss said:
EA can still port ME2 to the PS3 without porting the first one. ME2 was made to integrate new players into the story through codex and with character interaction ( Characters explaining Shepard's previous missions and choices during his/her fight with Seren and Sovereign from the first one). Did you honestly think EA and Bioware were only going after the people who bought the first one?

Having played a brand new game without porting a save data from the first ME. PS3 owners can still play the second one and understand the main story of the series.

True. It's possible. But it's half the experience. My version of ME2 is so much different than my mates. It really is that much different.

Around the Network

@ seinor

Your right it is a different experience when porting the data but without it its still one of the best si fi gaming experiences of all time. This is the one game PS3 owners have yet to play where your choices can effect the ending to a video game series. They still don't need the first one to play it.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Not sure if this will mean much to the non-believers, but:

http://kotaku.com/5462963/mass-effect-on-ps3-bioware-says-no

We were inundated with tips this week about supposed "proof" that code found within Mass Effect 2 on PC "confirmed" the presence of a PS3 version of the game. It does not.

Seeking to clarify the situation, a statement on BioWare's forums reads:

The Unreal Engine is cross platform, hence the PS3 code. This was brought up back in Mass Effect 1 days as well.

Mass Effect is for the PC and Xbox 360.

LOCKDOWN!

Lockdown indeed. If you check the code for other Unreal Engine games - like Gears of War - you'll find the same thing.

Nothing to see here, people.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Not sure if this will mean much to the non-believers, but:

http://kotaku.com/5462963/mass-effect-on-ps3-bioware-says-no

We were inundated with tips this week about supposed "proof" that code found within Mass Effect 2 on PC "confirmed" the presence of a PS3 version of the game. It does not.

Seeking to clarify the situation, a statement on BioWare's forums reads:

The Unreal Engine is cross platform, hence the PS3 code. This was brought up back in Mass Effect 1 days as well.

Mass Effect is for the PC and Xbox 360.

LOCKDOWN!

Lockdown indeed. If you check the code for other Unreal Engine games - like Gears of War - you'll find the same thing.

Nothing to see here, people.

again the code provided was not from the unreal engine that code was extra code written especially for me2 as additions.

how many times do i have to say this the unreal engine is compiled into a seperate library, which devs do use in their projects, but you cannot see all of the inner code, you can view classes and their members and use, them, but nothing more people.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

E3 megaton. Quote me.

^^^Well YOU DID quote me. That's all I really wanted.