By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which TV should I buy?

I'm currently not sure whether to buy the LG 37' LH4000 (Full HD & 100 Hertz) or the LG 37' LH3000 (Full HD & 50 Hertz). The first one would be around 599 Euros and the second one ~ 480 Euro.

My main question is, if 100 Hertz is important for playing PS3 or is the difference between both that visible? What would be better to watch TV and/or play Wii relating to the amount of Hertz? I want to play most of the time PS3 and Wii on it.

Has anyone some experiences with both models?

Please help me! I just got a new PS3 Slim and I want to play it on a TV with HD v_v'

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Around the Network

Get yourself the LG - 42PQ6000 - 42" plasma TV ( 600 HZ) 2Million:1 Contrast
its around 450 Pound which is around 530 Euros?

PSN: HienTran2691

XBL: IVietCong

Do not get plasma if you plan to play games with a static HUD for hours at a time.
Plasma's still have not gotten past the burn-in issue. They have improved, but not gotten rid of it.
and you want the 100/120hz version. Otherwise when 3-D comes out, you will have to buy a new one.

MasterHien said:
Get yourself the LG - 42PQ6000 - 42" plasma TV ( 600 HZ) 2Million:1 Contrast
its around 450 Pound which is around 530 Euros?

What? Where did you find that one?

Isn't plasma TV worse or more "dangerous" than a LCD TV?

Don't really know anything about TVs. x_v''

Raistline said:

Do not get plasma if you plan to play games with a static HUD for hours at a time.
Plasma's still have not gotten past the burn-in issue. They have improved, but not gotten rid of it.
and you want the 100/120hz version. Otherwise when 3-D comes out, you will have to buy a new one.

Is it sure that if you want watch or play in 3D, you need at least a TV with 100 Hertz?

Around the Network
VivaLaWiida said:
Raistline said:

Is it sure that if you want watch or play in 3D, you need at least a TV with 100 Hertz?

Yes, it is true. Because 3-D will require each frame at either 50-60hz(pal-ntsc). It will alternate left eye frame then right eye frame every hz.

To acieve this, it will hae to have 100/120hz.

^^120Hz apparently

Tenkin said:
^^120Hz apparently

Actually, this depends on if you live in a PAL or NTSC region. The US, NTSC broadcasts in 60hz, so 120hz TV is needed. PAL TV's use 50hz, so in thier case, a 100hz TV is needed.

Raistline said:
Tenkin said:
^^120Hz apparently

Actually, this depends on if you live in a PAL or NTSC region. The US, NTSC broadcasts in 60hz, so 120hz TV is needed. PAL TV's use 50hz, so in thier case, a 100hz TV is needed.

I live in Europe so it would suffice I think.

There have to be some more people who can help me. Please X_x