By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: To drop 2.5 millions in a Dante's Inferno ad at the Superbowl

That's the budget for some games, droppped in a few seconds ad. And the question is why?

Recently, we brought you the news that Electronic Arts would be advertising one of its products during the upcoming Super Bowl. At the time, IndustryGamers ventured to guess that the Super Bowl ad spot would be for Dante's Inferno, considering that the action title from Visceral Games ships just two days later. As it turns out, we were right, as one of our industry sources has confirmed to us today that Dante's Inferno will be receiving a Super Bowl commercial, although EA itself still has not yet made this official.

The Super Bowl demographic certainly aligns with the young male audience that typically buys and plays video games, and there are plenty of people who watch the Super Bowl just to check out all the new commercials, so this is a pretty interesting investment by EA. It also shows you how much the publisher believes in its new IP. Estimates for this year's Super Bowl ad spots are for at least $2.5 million, so EA had to open the piggy bank on this one.

We're not sure this is the best use of EA's marketing dollars, especially considering the publisher's recent financial difficulties, but we'll be very curious to see how the ad is received.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/super-bowl-2010-viewers-going-to-hell-courtesy-of-ea/

I don't remember a Videogame getting pushed by this kind of publicity? Or there's a good example of a game getting a push after a Superbowl ad?

Around the Network

Very smart move by EA.

I know they will not do this, but SE should do a FFXIII ad. It will increase awareness by alot. Since alot of people own 360s in America it will help the consoles sales. PS3 owners already know.

It will probably end up paying off. I actually liked the demo so I'm considering getting it eventually.

Shows its not how good you are but who you know that gets you ahead... Or in this case, howmuch you spend.

The demo I played showcased a generic god of war rip off with slow and clunky controls and repetitive enemies.

Bayonetta could have used this kind of money for advertising. It certanly has the quality to warrant it...

This better not be the only ad this game will see.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

This is what Sony should do with Heavy Rain or God Of War 3....i think that dante's inferno will move much more games if the ad goes on air.

seriously, imagine the " GO TO HELL " thing on your tv....AWESOME.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

It has very casual gameplay compared to Bayonetta, so this ad is perfect.

They did same thing with Mass Effect 2?
And thats pretty stupid move.

Take my love, take my land..

With that money you could fund a small studio for a year.

Let's see how it works out for them.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It would be a smarter move to advertise a bunch of casual wii games in one big commercial than this lol

Gaming make me feel GOOD!