By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy IV DS

Ahh, the memory of playing it on SNES the first time. The music is awesome.

Around the Network

I like FFIV since it was the first RPG I ever played but it's a game that really hasn't withstood the test of time well at all. Don't get me wrong, it was revolutionary back in the day but it's not impressive in the same way that FFVI is impressive today.

Still though, I'll be picking it up for nostalgic purposes and to see what all they modified to make it a little bit better for todays audiences.

That... totally blew me away. I am now completely sold on this game.

@twesterm:

Really? I think IV holds up very well due to the memorable characters and plot, much as VI does (though VI is the greatest game ever, so...). I find the games with non-specific characters like III and V to be less engaging. I have the Advance versions of IV, V, and VI and the DS remake of III; even though I have previously finished IV and VI several times over, I didn't stop playing them until I had once again finished them completely (VI clocking in at over 50 hours after the new dungeon and whatnot). Conversely, I haven't made it more than halfway through V and have barely touched III.

Anyway, this remake looks like it = epic win. I'm still not sure if I want to see a remake of VI along these lines, but I think I would be more likely to give it a chance now.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

looks awesome, i wonder how long it'll take for it to hit stateside...