By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Simpsons Game

I was actually mildly suprised at how "not bad" it was. Single player is a bit of a hassle but co-op is a lot of fun. There are a few camera glitches (okay, more than a few) but the writing is really good and overall, the game is pretty fun. Especially considering it is a licensed video game, most of which are absolutely terrible.

If you're a fan of the Simpsons, it's worth a rent, especially for co-op (no online though). I'll have a review up later today or tomorrow, hopefully (still backed up with my Ace Combat, Orange Box, and Castlevania reviews. ugh).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Hmm, I remain skeptical. The demo was pretty lousy.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

The biggest morning paper in Sweden trashed it (2/5). "Brilliant writing, but..." and went on to talk about how bad AI, camera and controls were. For some reason I assumed that the version tested was Wii (didn't specify), maybe because of all the developers messing up controls on the Wii.

Well, I wrote a mail and asked. It turned out to be Xbox360...

sinha said:
Hmm, I remain skeptical. The demo was pretty lousy.

The demo is taken from the middle of the game and they don't do anything to introduce you to the gameplay. Like I said, single player isn't much to talk about but co-op can be fun.

I'm not saying the game is great, just that it doesn't suck. There are serious issues with the camera and AI, though.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/