By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 got the RROD today and I'm glad.

I finally got to experience it, like everyone else has, and I don't feel left out anymore. I've always thought that there was something wrong with me. How come I can't be like everyone else?

Finally, my launch Elite got the RROD. Instead of being upset, I was glad that it happened. The 3 year warranty was about to expire and I've never got to feel what it was like to RROD. The whole process of getting it repaired is exhilarating.

I have no 360 that can play retail games ATM. My launch Core has a dead DVD drive, but can still play digital downloads. I wished that it would get the RROD. It didn't, now it's handicapped for life. It's not worth $99 to repair.

Now I have more time to play my PSP, which I've actually been itching for.

What killed my Elite kind of dumbfounds me. I hardly play it. It's cold as crap in my room. It's in an open and ventilated area. The last thing I did to it was charge my Zune HD. The 360 was off. I plugged the Zune cable into the USB port. The 360 remained off. My Zune HD started charging and let it charge over night. I unplugged the Zune HD and went to work. Slept over my GF's house that night. Went home the next day and it had the RROD when I tried to turn it on. Maybe God is telling me that you shouldn't let your Zune sleep with your Xbox all night. o_O

So yeah, anybody else get a happy feeling when their 360 Red Ringed?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Sorry about your troubles. The ZuneHD will charge while the XBox is off?

I don't think I will have problems with my x360 because it's a Jasper.

I am glad that I have almost 0% chance of experience what you experienced.

JaggedSac said:

Yeah, It's actually pretty cool how the 360 can charge things when it's off (controller, zune). It will probably even charge my Zune HD with the RROD. Let me try.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

I am jelous of your RROD adventure today. I still have not had an official RROD :)

Around the Network
pbroy said:
JaggedSac said:

Yeah, It's actually pretty cool how the 360 can charge things when it's off (controller, zune). It will probably even charge my Zune HD with the RROD. Let me try.

Yup, I can confrim that a 360 with RROD can charge a Zune HD off or on.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
pbroy said:
JaggedSac said:

Yup, I can confrim that a 360 with RROD can charge a Zune HD off or on.

So not a total loss :)

Wow? These article should be mark as FAIL! Good thing I have a ps3 I got rid of my 360 after RROD

No, I wouldn't feel happy if I went to my brothers house, and his 360 got the RROD.

I would be a pissed off Kanye.

hey, another sliver lining is that you got a free zune charger

On topic, it is strange that it would die despite the circumstances you mentioned. Maybe it got stage fright from the upcoming lineup? Seriously though, technology works in mysterious ways (feel free to draw any natural allegories) and sometimes, something that's cold can heat up really quickly, especially if the cold somehow affected a secondary cooling function.