By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo:Reach is 70% Complete

Source: http://themindchannel.blogspot.com/2010/01/haloreach-is-70-done.html

-Reach is 70 percent complete.

They gutted the old engine and left "no component untouched" when improving it.

-Now players will look the same throughout multiplayer, coop and singleplayer (and the way they look will be customizable)

-Hints there will be power drain and grav lift armour abilities..

-There is a 3d radar and the HUD can now highlight various environmental features and overlay information about them.

-Night vision returns to Reach (as seen in ODST).

-On the pause screen it mentions "grades and credits" but Bungie wont discuss them yet. Probably to do with the character customization system.

-The AR leaves smoke and sparks when it fires. Explosions have been completely redone for Reach. They are apparently, huge, dirty and lingering.

-Green marine monocle returns. WIN.

-Bungie were disappointed with the reaction of people to the halo 3 marine, so theyve brought back the flavour of the halo 1 marine.

-Mongoose return confirmed.

-Assassinations (by holding down melee) will feature in multiplayer and the instant assassination of past halos may not be featured at all. Bungie is using the Beta to decide how it will feature.

-Huge landscapes - but you can visit each area. In coop you may see your buddy fighting a long way off in the distance.
Teleportation is far less strict.

-Bungie is bending the Xbox as far as it will bend and really pushing the hardware.

-Tung says there will be some big surprises in campaign.

-The game features rain which will leave covered areas dry and vice versa.

-Elite AI has been improved a lot. They might be doing something like fixing a door and then something may attack them, but once they have dealt with the threat they'll go back to what they were doing before.

-"Bungie's not fixed on leaving the trusty BR out". The DMR has 3X zoom.

-Shield recharge not as fast as Halo 3's.

-Halo Reach's current build has a lot of computer generated audio used a place holders, meaning that the leaked beta menu footage may well be genuine.

-A few new screenshots in the article, the best being a double page spread epic view of the spartans in a cockpit. There is an artwork of Emile with a grenade launcher.

-Lehto admits that there was no generational leap on the animation side between combat evolved and ODST, but in Reach they will make them like all look like the trailer (including facial animations).

Around the Network

cool. Now lets have that beta...

Maybe Bungie should teach some other studios on the art of delivering...

I posted this information in the GameInformer Reach thread in an attempt to cut down on the number of threads floating around. Perhaps someone could start an official one.

And this information was posted on neoGaf.

is this the last halo game bungie will make as there not part of m$ anymore ??

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Around the Network

- I like the way the precise everything they are adding

- it is pretty sure that a 70% complete will protect people from an "unexpected" report to 2011

Time to Work !

i love xbox360 said:

Yep, that is what Bungie has said.

JaggedSac said:
i love xbox360 said:

Yep, that is what Bungie has said.

it will be a shame as its there baby and m$ has taken it away! this will just make m$ milk the brand for all its got and ruin the halo brand with more and more average games 

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Wow really good news, this game is going to be amazing for sure.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

I, for one, can not wait. Looking forward to the beta!

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?