By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamePro and Games Radar give perfect score to Assassin's Creed

a few weeks ago a lot of people were saying that this game is going to suck. the rumored delay, the whole secrecy surounding it, the lack of a demo etc were all apparently sending a message that the game isn't as good as it's hyped.

but good news is coming from GamePro and Games Radar:

http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/games/reviews/146308.shtml

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/reviews/article.jsp?releaseId=2006090117215778002&articleId=2007110813535942758179&sectionId=1000&pageId=2007110813535928506470

Around the Network

Good lord, I've lost all faith in review numbers. Not because Assassins creed isn't good, it's just that's good this gen get's 9s and 10s across the board. There have only been a couple of games that deserve some 9s and maybe a fringe 10 or two, but EVERYTHING is getting perfect scores.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

read the POWER UNLIMITED good magazine and right on spot with scores.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think that Assassins Creed will amaze people, and that it is definitely worthy of 9's & 10's. I wish I had a console that could play it :P

Go Ubisoft - taking it to the next level!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

9"s defenately, 10 no srry more like 9.5
imo you cant give a game a 10

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I was really worried about this game after E3, but it looks as though as the creases have been ironed out

add me

The_vagabond7 said:
Good lord, I've lost all faith in review numbers. Not because Assassins creed isn't good, it's just that's good this gen get's 9s and 10s across the board. There have only been a couple of games that deserve some 9s and maybe a fringe 10 or two, but EVERYTHING is getting perfect scores.

Im with ya, its like every week a 9.5-10 gamecomes out.These reviewers need to see that 0=sucks 5=average and 10=one of the greatest games of all time. A score of 7-8.5 shoulod still be the mark of a very good game.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

This is going to be GOTY, move over mario :P

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

There has been some amazing games lately, don't forget either that there has been a batch of big production titles that are hitting the market, that are deserving of their scores, come on, Bioshock halo 3 Orange Box, Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, COD 4, all are amazing games, I think they are worthy of their scores. I don't expect reviewers to start being extra harsh just because there is a batch of big production refined games that are a blast.

To put this into perspective, If it wasn't for the reviewers doling out the occasional 7.5 or 8, gamerankings and metacritics top 10s would be almost entirely dominated by this years games. That would mean that this year in gaming has seen more quality than the past two decades combined.

Bioshock was great, but it was no mind blowing revolution. COD4 looks beautiful but after playing it, it doesn't seem like anything else other than a good FPS with high production quality, Halo 3 is just the third Halo, it didn't change the face of gaming at all, The orange box is 5 games in one, it's a bargain, but is it gaming beyond what we have ever seen? Or is it just 5 really good games. I could go on. I'm not knocking the above games, they are all great games, but reviewers are just tossing out 10s to anything that has either hype, graphics, or production values.

It's been a good year, but certainly not better than the past two decades of gaming put together. Can anybody honestly say that in the past twenty some years of gaming, that there hasn't been as many incredible ground breaking games as this year alone?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.