By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone wanting a nice LCD cheap? Sears Black Friday -- 46" Sharp $999

Sears black friday ads are already on the internet... There is a Sharp Aquos 46" television that is currently $1800+ price-wise at sears that will be selling for $999.  I specifically asked the manager at my local sears last night about the set and he said they were going to have a limited supply but if you arrive early they should be fine.  He also suggested that I buy the set now (1800) on my credit card and then come back with the ad goes official (in the paper) and they will price match it and credit the difference.  Your mileage may vary so be careful.  Check on their return policy if they decide not to honor it... I think if you don't open it you can take it back if they choose not to price match.   Make sure you speak with the manager, get his name, and make sure you discuss clearly that they will honor the price match.  Also discuss clearly WHEN, and HOW, and what happens if they change their mind...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

$999.99 aint cheap.

I can buy a 720p 40' LCD samsung, in brandsmart for $749.99

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Ok, well, it's 46" vs. 40". That's not exactly a fair comparison. Walmart is currently the cheapest place to get the sharp lcd of this model that I'm aware of and it's about $1600 or so... Relatively speaking, $999 is cheap.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.