By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do 3rd parties have a right to complain about sales?

Its recently come to my attention that after 3 years of Wii and "tests" games, there still hasnt been a AAA title from a 3rd party released (MH3 might be it, but thats still some time away). So while there have been some very solid B titles like Madworld and Silent Hill, as well as some suprise hits like Zack and Wiki and Little King's Story (suprise, hence no/little/poor advertising), there have been no large calibur games.

So when 3rd parties complain that their game didnt reach a great number on the sales chart,  maybe its because that game didnt reach a great number on the Metacritic chart either.

This is just a thought, and no research went into this thread. And yes, the quality=sales theory isnt quite that black and white on Wii (or any console for that matter), but a quality AAA game with a solid marketing campaign has yet to be even tried on Wii.

Around the Network

Great anthor thread that get 100+ posts
I say not yet. Until they make a great effort than I say yes. But the problem
is that they want the market there for tam. Instead of making them. Pikmin made
the have 1 leader and have a bunch of soldiers genre also made the RTS genre popular
on consoles. But what happened. They didn't support it. This is why the genre isn't able
to thive. 3rd partis wnat nintendo to make the cake so they can come in and steal it.
But to me 3rd parties are trying to make a cake like nintendo but fail. If they learn to make
some advertising trust me it'll sell

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

and here we go again.

3rd parties that don't put in a Nintendo-like effort have no right to complain about not getting Nintendo-like sales.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

_honeybadger_ said:
and here we go again.

just wait until somone break out a arguement

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

As was said before, here we go again... Same supporters, same naysayers, same arguments, same trolls, round 1367.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Yeah. Discussed to death here already.

Don't need this headache of a thread. Just need some good third party support.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

*Gulp*
Dare I say something?

OK, imo, no developer have the right to complain about how their games perform, unless they complain about how they themselves messed up. It's their job to make their games sell, and if those games don't sell, it's 100% the developers fault. It's harsh, but that's how I see it.

Absolutely.