By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 release - April-July in Japan, not before June in PAL

http://kotaku.com/gaming/japan/konami-explains-how-msg4-delay-is-good-for-them-320314.php

That MGS4 delay? Sucks. Today in Tokyo, Konami held a closed door investors meeting. Chief Financial Officer Noriaki Yamaguchi stressed that Konami is "committed" to a first quarter release next year. Since the Japanese financial year ends March 31st, that means MGS4 should be released sometime between April and July in Japan. (Konami of Australia sent out a press release today saying that the PAL version won't be out until June 2008 at the earliest.) At the Tokyo meeting, the CFO also keeping going on about "reaching more fans worldwide." What was the reason for the delay? "We want to work on the quality that is warranted for a MGS title." There was a financial angle that was spun as well: Instead of splitting MGS4 between this financial year and next, Konami would rather book 12 months of straight sales. Good for them. 

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

i see, well this just confirms our earlier thoughts.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
What thoughts did we have?

Yojimbo said:
Neos said:
What thoughts did we have?

that its all about the money, so they have the game within the beginning of the fiscal period

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!