By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii in 1080p

source/images

Via upscaling of course. Most of the new amps (and some older ones) will upscale just about any av source.

Early next year I will be upgrading my av equipment and I will definetly experiement with this.

So who here is already doing this?

What are the results? good/bad?

Does it affect pointer movement/interaction because of the upscaling used?

Around the Network

omg look at dem jaggies in dat boxan geim, wii is underpoward shit lol

Eh, I guess it could look alright. Impossible to tell from the pictures. Upscaling isn't anything to get too excited over though.

Does it affect pointer movement/interaction because of the upscaling used?

Nothing to worry about there -- pointer movement is handled entirely between the sensor bar and the remote. The screen size and resolution don't factor in.

I can't read the link you provided because I'm not a member of the forum I guess (or I didn't want to scroll down) but this site has been around since shortly after the Wii released and I'm sure it's the same thing.

It's impossible to tell if it makes any difference when the pictures are so small.

Around the Network

funny how he's using a sony receiver and a sony tv!

oh yeah.. its upscaling and that is the only i would ever want to play a 480i game.

If you look closely it looks worst than it does on an SD TV.. The problem is that since the wii doesnt support 1080p, or 720p for that matter its going to look bad in HD.

Stick with an SD tv for the wii, but if your getting a 360 or ps3 get a 720p LCD.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M