By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2009 is OVER - Predict LIFETIME Sales of Consoles & Handhelds

Darth is most likely the closest I have seen.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
I'm a terrible predictor and usually I have low expectations for nintendo even if they're my favorite so:
Wii 2010: 85mil, LTD: 106mil
DS 2010: 140mil, LTD: 160mil
PS3 2010: 50mil, LTD: 85mil
360 2010: 49mil, LTD: 78mil
PSP 2010: 60mil, LTD: 73mil

Even yet is the most accurate of any of the other predictions, and will end problably spot on on ps3 and wii(cause wii mini). Some one give this guy a medal!

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:

Even yet is the most accurate of any of the other predictions, and will end problably spot on on ps3 and wii(cause wii mini). Some one give this guy a medal!

Dat Wii prediction.

justiceiro said:
morenoingrato said:
I'm a terrible predictor and usually I have low expectations for nintendo even if they're my favorite so:

Seriously. It's scary how close he was on all of them.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

gigantor21 said:
justiceiro said:
morenoingrato said:

Seriously. It's scary how close he was on all of them.

Yes. I noticed too that after the initial surprise, making people make crazy predictions in the previous years, in 2010 most prediction started becoming a lot more sensible, if not accurate. Only Wii disappointed, staying a lot under most predictions that considering its first years would have been sensible too, but that's all Ninty's fault, killing it far too early.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!