By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NFL: Perfect Passer rating

Tonight Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers became the third quarterback in history to post multiple perfect passer ratings. Against the Baltimore Ravens he was 13 of 16 for 209 yards and 5 touchdowns, all five of which came in the first half. I'd say last season was a fluke. (His previous perfect game was the 2005 season opener against the Titans.)

Kurt Warner also has two perfect games in the books, and Peyton Manning has an amazing four. Also amazing: there have been three perfect games this season, and we're only halfway done. Donovan McNabb had one against the Lions, and Tom Brady had one against the Dolphins.

(Yes, there were games other than Indianapolis-New England this week.)

Around the Network
Desroko said:

(Yes, there were games other than Indianapolis-New England this week.)

QFT, 

A lot of people I have talked to don't even know AP broke the All-Time single game rushing record...but they know the score of the Pats-Colts game...wth?   

@topic,

Personally I felt all last season that Ben was on the verge of breaking back into the way he knows he can play but just never got there.  Its good to see him starting to get back into full stride again and if he can keep it up they will have a good chance to hold onto their division.

To Each Man, Responsibility
RolStoppable said:

Chad Pennington (I hope I spelled his name correctly) is still the only QB in history with a perfect passer rating who lost the game, right?

IIRC, Jets vs. Giants 35-38.

Close, 31-38 Colts. I'm not sure how that happened, really, and would like to see the tape. That's like pitching a no-hitter and losing. In both cases the defense obviously sucked. 

@ Sqrl 

His biggest problem last year was that his injuries left him largely immobile behind a bad offensive line, leading to a lot of sacks and poor forced throws. This year the line is still bad, but he's escaping pressure like Steve Young and Brett Favre used to do, all while keeping his eyes downfield. He's still good for a "what the hell are you doing?" throw every game, but on the whole this is a massive improvement from his Super Bowl season, let alone last year's train wreck.  

Roethlisberger did it again last night, in a 41-27 win over St. Louis. 16 of 20 for 261 yards and 3 touchdowns, no interceptions.

The Pittsburgh Penguins and Pitt Panthers also won. It was a good night for me.