By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - USA: 360 Outsold PS3 by 100,000 Units in November (NPD)

While there is little doubt that PS3 outsold 360 on a worldwide scale, apparently in the USA 360 outsold PS3 by 100,000 units. While I take it that the vgchartz-numbers include Canada and those of NPD don't, does that mean that the numbers here on vgchartz are a bit off, or did PS3 outsell 360 in Canada by quite a bit to make up for the difference?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26472/NPD_Xbox_360_Overtakes_PS3_As_Industry_Revenue_Drops_8.php

EDIT:
Of course, if you take the Wall Mart deal into consideration and also that 1,000,000 360s were banned in America by Microsoft, it's surprising that 360 didn't outsell PS3 by a lot more in the United States. I think it is save to assume that the number of 819,500 Xbox 360s includes way more repeat customers than Sony's 710,400, which means overall PS3's US userbase most likely grew more in November than 360's.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network

vg numbers are sometimes slightly off....

FKNetwork said:
vg numbers are always off and the last few months this site has turned into a ps3 biased site, that's why a lot of 360 owners no longer post here which is a shame.

So that's why you're suddenly here to mention something when the Xbox 360 does better than expected and we don't see you around when the PS3 is supposedly doing better?

Who cares which console sells more, as long as you can enjoy its games and get some information about the numbers. Does it always have to be "my console sells better, nah nah ne nah nah"?

Hmm, there might be some reasonable explanation for that. It's not the first time ome machine is overtracked in vghcartz, it has hapenned with the Wii also.

No need to bash the website FKN....

Actually, the ps3 sold more, worldwide. A lot more. We're talking 1,735,000 ps3's to 1,056,000 360's. That's 679,000 MORE ps3's sold in November than 360's!

Around the Network

There are times that it is really difficult to calculate these bloodey numbers I suppose.

The great thing about this site is that the margin of error (if we suppose that NPD is 100% right) is very small.

The only thing that happened is that they underestimated the power of XBOX in America, while they did great job with PS3.

The only thing in which I agree is that a lot of people, mostly 360 fans has left the site. The situation in the forums is almost intolerable.

So, about the actual numbers...

360 is 500 k console ahead so far this year, when PS3 has the biggest (and better to be honest) lineup and a console relaunch.

What will happen next year (oh my god... halo......)?

360 is a beast!

papflesje said:

So that's why you're suddenly here to mention something when the Xbox 360 does better than expected and we don't see you around when the PS3 is supposedly doing better?

Who cares which console sells more, as long as you can enjoy its games and get some information about the numbers. Does it always have to be "my console sells better, nah nah ne nah nah"?

Not at all! I am enjoying the "console wars", I own all the current gen consoles and enjoy them all, been playing unchartered 2 this week!

FKNetwork said:
vg numbers are always off and the last few months this site has turned into a ps3 biased site, that's why a lot of 360 owners no longer post here

how has the site become biased ?  no, they are in hiding waiting for the PS3 too go back to being DOOMED .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

@FKNetwork,

you lost a part of your post :
"vg numbers are always off and the last few months this site has turned into a ps3 biased site, that's why a lot of 360 owners no longer post here which is a shame."

ta ... ke it easy   ;)

Time to Work !

libellule said:

@FKNetwork,

you lost a part of your post :
"vg numbers are always off and the last few months this site has turned into a ps3 biased site, that's why a lot of 360 owners no longer post here which is a shame."

ta ... ke it easy   ;)

Well, it's true!