By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why people hate on-rails that much????

Nintendogamer said:
I don't see why people hate on-rails that much, HOTD : OK was epic for a on rails and DSE was superb aswell.

- Because they suck

- Because you spend more time watching the camera moving by itself than playing anything

- Because you cant have "suspense" and "a creepy enviroment" when you´re playing the same stage and watching the same cheap scares for the fifth times because you´re trying for high scores.

- Because they are lousy spin offs from big series.

- Because they´re cheap games, made by small teams, showing all that friendly disrespect for the Wii crowd.

- Because these publishers want us to get hyped for On rails shooters, and they really think we´re stupid enough to do that.

- Because when they dont sell, publishers go all 6-years-old on us: "oh yeah? Didnt bought my crappy on rails??? So guess what? You´re not getting the full games either!"

- Because i dont want to hear "Leon lookout!" 10 times in a 2minutes stage

- Because if i play it for high scores, ill play each stage 4-5 times. And if i do that, ill have to hear "Leon lookout" 40 times in 8 minutes

- Because if i dont play for high scores i could return the game 3 hours after getting home (and that´s what i did)

- Because HOTD Overkill wasnt a game. It was a combo counter with some F-words

- Because they menaged to make co-op WORSE than single player in HOTD overkill

- Because Dead Space Extraction has a great story... but a lousy and short gameplay. Play it once and its over.

- Because Umbrella Chronicles was mildly entertaining, and yet they rushed to make a sequel like it was Modern Warfare.

- Because Darkside Chronicles is a seizure inducer piece of crap with good graphics.

- Because the simple announcement of Darkside Chronlcles was a dissapointment for the "hungry for real games" wii crowd

- Because they suck

- Because the boss fights sucks... hard.

- Because you have to keep waggling your wiimote when the cockroaches jump... god damn, i bought a wii for that? "Waggle for cockroaches"??

- Because you have ingame unskipable cutscenes in which everybody talks, you listen.... for the FIFTH TIME!!! (you´re playing for high scores, remember?)

- Because even when they´re good, they still bad compared to full games.

- Because fanboys still stand for it, even if those games really sucks, only because that´s whats left for the wii.

- Because nobody wants more of em.

In a nutshell, because if the wii had real games insted of this on rails crap, we would never, ever, ever ever ever bother with the on rails stuff. 

Around the Network

If this camp agrees with this terrible disgusting post, I will lose all faith

Wat about STAR FOX, POKEMON SNAP, PANZOR DRAGOON, REZ, S&P Series????

Xxain said:
Wat about STAR FOX, POKEMON SNAP, PANZOR DRAGOON, REZ, S&P Series????

You know, you should answer the points at the first post rather than throw games that dosent fit the criteria just for the sake of your own beliefs

because they are almost always short, and almost always get repetitive. If it wasn't for coop they would not be worth more than a rent. RE:DC and UC have shown you can make a rail shooter with some length and tons of unlockables. It's easy when you know your game is gonna sell really well to put that kind of effort into it, but that is rare.
Even games i really love like sin and punishment would not be worth $50, the game is like an hour long or so. I was very happy to pay $12 on virtual console, but i would never have thought about paying $50 when it was new.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
maykissthebride said:

In a nutshell, because if the wii had real games insted of this on rails crap, we would never, ever, ever ever ever bother with the on rails stuff. 

Did we not move on from this "the wii has no real games" stuff? Is that still part of the discourse, and I simply wasn't informed?