By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (11/16 - 11/22)

DSLL bombed? What a joke.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network
TheThunder said:
When does MW2 releases in Japan ?

That game should put great numbers for a western game.

December 10th (1 week before FF13).  It will probably put up some decent numbers.  Probably 100k for PS3 and 50k for 360 first week.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

johnsobas said:
did someone seriously say DSLL bombed?

First I was surprised than angry then I started thinking and then I decided it must have been meant as a joke

FinalEvangelion said:
TheThunder said:
When does MW2 releases in Japan ?

That game should put great numbers for a western game.

December 10th (1 week before FF13).  It will probably put up some decent numbers.  Probably 100k for PS3 and 50k for 360 first week.

I would say 120k on PS3 FW. I know it's a little high but I think it can do it.

FinalEvangelion said:

Why are the 360 numbers gonna go up in Japan?  FFXIII isn't releasing on the 360 in Japan, unless I missed something.

Also, I reckon PS3 numbers will go up more then 100k.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
davygee said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Why are the 360 numbers gonna go up in Japan?  FFXIII isn't releasing on the 360 in Japan, unless I missed something.

Also, I reckon PS3 numbers will go up more then 100k.

He's talking about software sales of Modern Warfare 2 on PS3 and 360.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

DS LL didn't bomb, but it didn't seem to have much impact on software either. Just existing users buying another HW revision.

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said:
DS LL didn't bomb, but it didn't seem to have much impact on software either. Just existing users buying another HW revision.

Yes I agree it didn´t seem to have much of an instant impact on software but there were some positive signs. New Super Mario Bros rocketed 20 spots on Media Create from number 46 to 26. Apperently NSMB was used as a showgame for the LL so it could play some part of it. Now the climb on Media Create could be because of several factors, DSiLL release, in momentum of NSMBW and hype caused by that game, the start of holiday buildup (which usually are very strong for Nintendotitles) etc. My guess is a combination of these three factors.

binary solo said:
Who loves Mario in Japan and doesn't already own a Wii? Did you see MW2 sales around the world and then notice the miniscule (in comparison) HW lift for both 360 and PS3 (HW sales increase for the week = 0.91% of MW2 game sales for the week, for argument's sake lets assume the entire HW lift is down to MW2 and there is no seasonal element to the increase)?

What's the reasoning behind Mario causing anything more than a 20-30% lift in Wii HW as opposed to the 200-300% effect suggested by the Source? It will be fascinating to watch the HW effect of NSMB Wii.

If NSMB Wii HW boosting effect is 2% of software sales (which is more than double MW2's maximum possible HW boosting %) then at 1.3 million NSMB software sales for week 1 this equates to a 26K HW boost. A 50K lift means nearly 4%, a 75K lift means nearly 6%.

NSMB is an a somewhat unusual situation. It isn't the first Mario Game on Wii so it is not the first mario game for Wii, so like other games that are "sequels" the HW boost should not be that amazing. But it is the first 2-D side scrolling Mario game for the Wii, so in another respect it has no predecessor meaning one can expect a somewhat better HW boost than for a popular game that is the direct descendant of an existing game (MW2 being the direct descendant of MW1).

1. You are comparing the impact of a western game in NA/Others to the impact of a Japanese game in Japan. The two markets are  totally different.

2. When Wii Fit + was released, Wii hardware jumped from 13K to 33K and it opened with 330K. Who loves Wii Fit in Japan and doesn't already own a Wii? Can you explain why a direct sequel causes such a spike (hardware boost = 6% software)? And NSMB Wii is not really a direct sequel to SMG.

3. Who loves Final Fantasy in Japan and doesn't already own a PS3? The game has been announced for 3+ years.

4. Even the impact for NSMB Wii in NA is greater than the .9% MW had based on early numbers. (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5954)

An increase of 60K+ for hardware (from 240K to 300K+) - 6.67% of NSMB Wii game sales for the week (900K)

(for argument's sake lets assume the entire HW lift is down to NSMB Wii and there is no seasonal element to the increase)

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:

2. When Wii Fit + was released, Wii hardware jumped from 13K to 33K and it opened with 330K. Who loves Wii Fit in Japan and doesn't already own a Wii? Can you explain why a direct sequel causes such a spike (hardware boost = 6% software)? And NSMB Wii is not really a direct sequel to SMG.

Um... That was the week of the price cut.