By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pretending to be a Rockstar: Buying Guitar Hero III

Well, got my Wii version of Guitar Hero III. Was a bit more interesting tha expected.

Slept over at a friends house who worked at Toys-R-Us, so I just went to work with him in the morning to pick up a copy. Before the Store opened, 33 people were in line, including 2 that had no apparent concept of line, or just pretend that row of people were standing like that because it's trendy, and they are so rebellious.

Got in, Wii verion was 96 Canadian, Ps3/360 version was 106 Canadian,  before I got mine, saw 3 ps3 versions, 1 360 version, and 5 Wii versions sold. Can't see that rate keeping up, but was interesting. The store also did not have Zack and Wiki, which made me a sad panda.

Upon leaving, at least 7 different people openly commented on Guitar hero, some asking if it just came out, some commenting on the songs, and some just saying they love the game (Public transit home). The only other noteworthy event was the indian drunk out of his mind passing out and crashing headfirst to the floor of the train, getting up after 5 minutes as his friend yells at him if he doesn't move, he'll go to jail. That thud may stick with me for a long time, but he was alright. Presumably. It was funny, once we determined he was not dead.

Anyone else have weird stories, note any unexpected sales differences? 

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.