By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gamespot Ranting

I know most of you won't really care, but I wanted to unleash my frustrations of Gamespot here. They operate to their own drum, I will sum up most of my point with this:

Here is a topic that I created in light of all the criticism of the Wii name after the Wii's name had just been announced on April 27th, 2006 which got deleted for Disruptive Posting.

"Apr 27, 2006 3:17 pm CT

I would like to remind everyone that Nintendo is wanting to appeal to mass market. They are not going for techi driven gamers who expect certain things of a system name or what they traditionally call "gaming." Nintendo is starting things fresh and is going against everything that we consider to be "the norm." All this to appeal to the everyday person. Take iPod for instance. The white slick iPod. The white slick Wii. See the similarities? Also, this name will support the secrets that we have yet to see. This will all come together.

This topic isn't just about the name but everything that is to come, because this console is not just for current gamers, but has a challenge to appeal to all people, bringing in people who would never play games otherwise. In this respect, it has to not "sound" like a gaming machine. It has to not resemble one at all. It has to be something different. And hence, Wii. That isn't to say that other names can be just as obscure and not as pun prone, but we will just have to see what else Nintendo has up its sleeve because i'm sure its warranted with all things considered."

Sorry it was so long ago, but I just noticed it and it might give some nostalgia to some of you. Anybody else felt burned by or irked with Gamespot?

Around the Network

I still feel very burned by GS because I was banned so unjustly.

One day, I clicked on a thread labeled, "MGS4 on 360!!!!!111" It turned out to be full of Harry Potter book 7 spoilers. Most of them seemed pretty fake, so I posted my thoughts on them. Ten minutes later, I was banned.

WTF!?!

I was lvl 31, with over 12,600 posts, the leader of three unions, and yet I had only 12 moderations throughout my entire four years on the site. That's one moderation per 1k posts, or one moderation every four months, most of them for minor BS like having too many quotes in a post. Yet I get perma-banned, over f'in HARRY POTTER! All the lvl 1 noobs running around trolling the forums, yet I get banned.

I will forever be pissed off at GS.

I've had a Gamespot account for oh around 7 years and I've done I think 6 posts on their forums. I don't really bother anymore, not that I did before, since I got lectured when the PS3 "launched" in PALand to empty lines and I was "too jubilant" (IIRC I laughed at MS crashing the Paris launch and pointed out Sony overestimated the demand for a $1,000 system so deserved the empty lines). Apparently I was supposed to either join the pity party with the Sony fanboys or not say anything.

No, what winds me up is the fact that the members like sprouting their own facts, you have something to counter it and you're called a troll. If you go in the PS3 forums you'd realise just how immature these people really are. The call the 360 'the console that shall not be named' or 'the other console', it's just plain ridiculous.

clandecyon

+10 to have guess what was planning Nintendo with his Wii

makingmusic476

I m so sorry for your ban, but be sure your story make me laught (^^)
Will yuo try the Gamespot game again to try to pass the lvl 31 boss (joking)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

@Soriku - Yeah, but it doesn't have to be bad news, hell it doesn't have to be news at all. Someone stated that they didn't think Uncharted: Drakes Fortune was a good game and the next thing you know he had other members calling him a troll.

Everytime you post something 'controversial' (read: the truth) they tell you to go back to system wars.

Oh, and lets not forget that stupid levelling system that they have, the way members demand more respect because they're made a lot of posts and spent most of their adolesence on the forum is, erm.... ridiculous (I can't think of another word to use).

from what I've heard Gamespot's moderation is degrading to 4chan levels.

I guess we have one of the best moderation systems.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
I guess we have one of the best moderation systems.

Damn straight.

MontanaHatchet you've hit that sweet spot again, I'm laughing.... alot.