By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 million consoles sold by March?

I love the Wii but...HOW? I seriously don't see how they would do that, if not purely because of supply issues.

Unless they have like 7 million consoles stockpiled that they're gonna release into the market in November. 

???? :( 5-6 million more sold by March is much more reasonable.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

They're said to have 6-8 Million for Nov-Devember.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Easy. Last quarter they shipped 3.9 million units. Now they get the luxury of the holiday quarter and then a second one to do it. Really I think more could be shipped if they had more production power. They'll probably ship 7-8 million next quarter and the remaining in Q4 of the Fiscal Year 2008.

you shouldn't be asking this question but how Sony is going to ship 8.98 million PS3's in the next 6 months. That's the real question I want answered.

Take a look at past history. The DS was flat out sold out in Japan, but somehow millions of DS's found their way to holiday shelves. Nintendo is very conservative in their estimates. They don't fudge the numbers like some other companies.

They shipped 7.33M in the first half of the year, why couldn't they at least ship another 7.33M in the second half? Considering production facilities have increased during the first half of the year and most likely they have a certain amount of Wiis stored for the holiday season I actually think there is still room for slight increased in the real shipments compared to the forecast.

Around the Network

Maybe they got a 2nd factory built?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

They don't build factories. Like MS and Sony, they contract out to companies like Foxconn and Asus.

NintendoTogepi said:

I love the Wii but...HOW? I seriously don't see how they would do that, if not purely because of supply issues.

Unless they have like 7 million consoles stockpiled that they're gonna release into the market in November.

???? :( 5-6 million more sold by March is much more reasonable.

This really isn't much of a stretch.  With increased production its very likely that Nintendo can ship 1.2m each month following the holidays and october which immediately accounts for 4.8m consoles.  Now take into account the fact that consoles do around 50% of their sales for a given year in Nov-Dec and its very easy to see how not only can they achieve this but its actually on the low end of what they could sell if they had more units available.

To Each Man, Responsibility