By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Zune HD work in Canada?

Ive been an "Ipod rebel" since last year when I got my first Zune. I want to get my hands on a ZuneHD however Microsoft chose to elease them in the US of A only..

However I am going on a trip to Buffalo next week and thats a perfect oppurtunity to buy one. However I'm afraid that if I buy it, it will not work

If I change my computer setting (in control panel) to USA, and make an American email will I be able to access the Marketplace and download FREE stuff like apps without a credit card?

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:

Ive been an "Ipod rebel" since last year when I got my first Zune. I want to get my hands on a ZuneHD however Microsoft chose to elease them in the US of A only..

However I am going on a trip to Buffalo next week and thats a perfect oppurtunity to buy one. However I'm afraid that if I buy it, it will not work

If I change my computer setting (in control panel) to USA, and make an American email will I be able to access the Marketplace and download FREE stuff like apps without a credit card?

I'm not so sure... I'm thinking they use regestered IP location to decide the content that you get, but maybe you can use the devices ability to get stuff... I'm not sure, but you can mess around with the software now and see what you can do

Well my computer settings are currently set to US. I can access the marketplace, I can see the apps page and everything so im assuming its not IP based

CaptainPrefrences said:
Well my computer settings are currently set to US. I can access the marketplace, I can see the apps page and everything so im assuming its not IP based

can you download the apps on your computer?  If so they will sych up with the ZuneHD and btw the ZuneHD is awesome... I love mine