By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

Gnizmo said:
It should also be noted I am all for investigating Final Fan as he has been acting kind of weird even for him. It might be because he has the same view as me on hatmoza's role claim, or it could be a slip-up.

Assuming  the hooker doesn't have sex with me and takes 300 hundred dollars from me again, I'm going to investigate you. I hope to gain you as an ally or get rid of you if you come up guilty.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Assuming  the hooker doesn't have sex with me and takes 300 hundred dollars from me again, I'm going to investigate you. I hope to gain you as an ally or get rid of you if you come up guilty.

Trust me when I say it is a waste of time. I know what the outcome will be, and you don't have the time to waste. Target an unknown. I will explain the method to my madness post game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
makingmusic476 said:
Looking back through the thread, it seems Nordlead was electrocuted. He wasn't killed by mafia or werewolves, then (since as far as I know, mafia generally stab/shoot people a whole bunch). If hatmoza really had it in for nordlead, that would mean he's a serial killer roleclaiming as a cop. I just don't see it.

He would come up innocent on scans so it would hold up more weight in a multiple cop game. Past role claims haven't been the best on his part either though. Still, the fact that he didn't publicly ask about his role could be a sign he is innocent. I wonder if we can keep picking on him and be on topic for another page...

But all that would really serve to do is get him an early investigation by Cop #2, clearing him with the townies (assuming Cop #2 roleclaimed sometime soon), while ALSO making him a top priority for mafia/ww.  Had we not lost four doctors last night, it might have earned him some protection too.

In the end, a fake roleclaim as a serial killer after all the doctors have died does him no good whatsoever.  Even if a doctor or two were still around, it would still be a questionable move.

Roleclaiming Cop when you're Serial Killer doesn't sound to me as a good move, when you are SK your job is to get the cop's alliance, and in fact, I've said multiple times that an SK can work as an asset for the town when they're losing badly. Fuck, just remember Round 3, as a SK I killed the mafia by myself...and then almost won, but that's another story

As for today, I'm willing to lynch either Gnizmo or FF. I'm sure that both piled wrong on hatmoza, and I'm supportive of one getting lynched and one getting investigated.

We don't need people ganging up for the wrong reason, FF had a horrible reason to try to lynch hatmoza who roleclaimed cop. I think that we can't let pass that. If he was mafia/WW, it would have a very good opportunity to get us to kill a cop, even if he had to sacrifice himself the day after, when we found out, the exchange works in mafia/ww favor

Therefore, I suggest lynching FF and investigating Gnizmo.

^ I'm down with that. I'll investigate Gnizmo, and switch my vote over to FF.

But the damn prostitute Zexen!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

If the prostitute is pro-town, she won't target you tonight. If she's anti town, at least we'll have learned that you'll be useless during the rest of the game (or at least till we get rid of her). Anyway, you've sealed your fate if she's anti-town since the moment you roleclaimed, so planning a bit now won't do any bad

I wouldn't mind lynching Final-fan simply to prevent us from almost lynching more innocents down the road.

As far as investigating gnizmo goes, you'd better hope you both survive the night and aren't roleblocked again, hatmoza. :P

That being said, I get the feeling Gnizmo is innocent, and what started off as a legitimate suspicion on his part turned into nothing more than playing Devil's Advocate against my defense of hatmoza.

Ok, if there's still a doc in the house, protect me. If the hooker gets me again I won't bother to ask for any protection anymore as I will be useless unless she gets killed over night (crosses fingers).

Unvote Darth
Vote Final-Fan

^ completely understandable. I was just living on the hope that the prostitue would get night killed giving me a chance to shine.

My buzz is gone now and I'm thinking either the mafia is going to have this whore hold me back as they target other people, or just rid of me tonight and have her cock block other players.

What would you have done in my place? 2 doctors dead, and you have a history of dying on the second day constantly. I did what I thought was best to help the town and providing them with what little information I've gathered.

I was already being suspected after Nordlead's death anyways. I would have had to eventually roleclaimed and come out with my cop role in the end, but only people doubting my roleclaim because of my so-called "track history". It would have made me look suspicous if I waited to be confronted.

See that's why I don't blame people for lurking in these mafia games anymore, because of that mentality, "Lynch the active players".
I really considered laying low axum, but we are talking about me hatmoza, the guy that's gonna take the blame for saying something. Just look how ridiclous FFs argument is when I'm being honest this time. I figured if I stayed quiet I would have gotten lynched for Nord's death again.