By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

zexen_lowe said:

You fingered me for not being on at a time I'm NEVER on, this game or ever

I questioned you. It also involved the death of j0 which is, by your own admission, totally something you would do. Of course I am naturally doubtful someone would try the same thing twice. Hatmoza has shown he would try the same thing twice which has both added, and then removed a good amount of my suspicion. My natural distaste for running ourselves in circles over one person made me vote for him, but if we move away from that I will change my vote.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Well I'm going to throw that logic right back at you because I'm prety sure you know how FF over reacted last game and went 4 or 5 days after successfully lynching me to convincing everyone to lynch innocent towns one after the other. As MM mentioned, he's paranoid and should honestly not be taken too seriously, yet you jumped on the wagon with him almost imediately to have me lynched . What happened to learning from past mistakes there?

FF should be taken with a grain of salt. Even he will tell you that. You might want to go back and notice how I was somewhat suspicious of you from the moment I saw nordlead had been killed.

^ hah! there are no rules for anyone checking my wall WoW is there? I doubt it.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

It should also be noted I am all for investigating Final Fan as he has been acting kind of weird even for him. It might be because he has the same view as me on hatmoza's role claim, or it could be a slip-up.

Gnizmo said:
zexen_lowe said:

You fingered me for not being on at a time I'm NEVER on, this game or ever

I questioned you. It also involved the death of j0 which is, by your own admission, totally something you would do. Of course I am naturally doubtful someone would try the same thing twice. Hatmoza has shown he would try the same thing twice which has both added, and then removed a good amount of my suspicion. My natural distaste for running ourselves in circles over one person made me vote for him, but if we move away from that I will change my vote.

But at the same time, he had reasons to try such things in the past (trying to save his ass with the lame Bomb thing, etc.).  I can't really think of any good reason why he would would fake roleclaim in the manner he has in this thread. There's no logic behind it at all.

I can only assumed he freaked out and roleclaimed when he shouldn't have. 

And while he may want nordlead to die early in most games, from what I've seen, nordlead is one of the better/more feared members.  It wouldn't be surprising to have one or another anti-town faction target him first night in any game.  It'd be reasonable for any mafia/ww to fear him if he's not on their side.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

But at the same time, he had reasons to try such things in the past (trying to save his ass with the lame Bomb thing, etc.).  I can't really think of any good reason why he would would fake roleclaim in the manner he has in this thread. There's no logic behind it at all.

I can only assumed he freaked out and roleclaimed when he shouldn't have.

And while he may want nordlead to die early in most games, from what I've seen, nordlead is one of the better/more feared members.  It wouldn't be surprising to have one or another anti-town faction target him first night in any game.  It'd be reasonable for any mafia/ww to fear him if he's not on their side.

I really would like to know how he got the reputation. He is definitely smart enough, but in the one game he actually player he did a lot for the mafia. The next two he was killed on the first day. Definitely someone who would be on my "hit list" but probably not the top of it.

Damn it MM could you make it any more obvious that I'm not the best mafia player!

"although badly worded"
"trying to save his ass with the lame Bomb thing, etc."

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Looking back through the thread, it seems Nordlead was electrocuted. He wasn't killed by mafia or werewolves, then (since as far as I know, mafia generally stab/shoot people a whole bunch). If hatmoza really had it in for nordlead, that would mean he's a serial killer roleclaiming as a cop. I just don't see it.

hatmoza said:
Damn it MM could you make it any more obvious that I'm not the best mafia player!

"although badly worded"
"trying to save his ass with the lame Bomb thing, etc."

This is mafia.  I'm merely compiling evidence.  What you read into it has nothing to do with me!

makingmusic476 said:
Looking back through the thread, it seems Nordlead was electrocuted. He wasn't killed by mafia or werewolves, then (since as far as I know, mafia generally stab/shoot people a whole bunch). If hatmoza really had it in for nordlead, that would mean he's a serial killer roleclaiming as a cop. I just don't see it.

He would come up innocent on scans so it would hold up more weight in a multiple cop game. Past role claims haven't been the best on his part either though. Still, the fact that he didn't publicly ask about his role could be a sign he is innocent. I wonder if we can keep picking on him and be on topic for another page...