By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

Gnizmo said:
zexen_lowe said:

I'm not convinced in lynching someone that has roleclaimed cop, even someone that has hatmoza's track record. We simply can't afford it, we need the investigations. Actually, I'm suprised that anyone would suggest lynching someone that has claimed cop in Day 2

We are almost certain to have another investigative role if he is a cop. Only one cop but 4 doctors? Yeah, that adds up. There is absolutely no way I believe there is not another cop out there somehwre. He is likely just laying low.

Fake role claiming is exactly what he has done in all the past games. Either run in circles for another few days, or we just remove the source of confusion. I highly doubt the prostitute is going to be pro-town. Randomly role blocking people is a mistake unless you are trying to catch a doctor or cop blindly. If the role is pro-town they need to be much more careful in the future.

And why is it everyone seems to think there was no reason to suspect hatmoza before the fake role claim? I had already pointed out where it seems he was suspicious. First we have the death of Nordlead, and then I point out hatmoza has stated he will always kill him first. After that we have his fake role claim. If nordlead is seen as a serious threat why not investigate him? Or Final-fan? Or myself? Or one of the handful of other experienced players? Instead he targets some random new person for no reason what-so-ever, and then accuses them? Really?

Huh?  We don't know who he targeted.   All we know is that he was roleblocked by somebody else.  And I'm pretty sure you know that...

You're starting to go from "Oh, he's being gnizmo" to "he's acting pretty suspicious" for me.  >_o

Around the Network

Nevermind. I thought you were talking about who he targeted last night, not who he FoS'd.

makingmusic476 said:
Gnizmo said:
zexen_lowe said:

I'm not convinced in lynching someone that has roleclaimed cop, even someone that has hatmoza's track record. We simply can't afford it, we need the investigations. Actually, I'm suprised that anyone would suggest lynching someone that has claimed cop in Day 2

We are almost certain to have another investigative role if he is a cop. Only one cop but 4 doctors? Yeah, that adds up. There is absolutely no way I believe there is not another cop out there somehwre. He is likely just laying low.

Fake role claiming is exactly what he has done in all the past games. Either run in circles for another few days, or we just remove the source of confusion. I highly doubt the prostitute is going to be pro-town. Randomly role blocking people is a mistake unless you are trying to catch a doctor or cop blindly. If the role is pro-town they need to be much more careful in the future.

And why is it everyone seems to think there was no reason to suspect hatmoza before the fake role claim? I had already pointed out where it seems he was suspicious. First we have the death of Nordlead, and then I point out hatmoza has stated he will always kill him first. After that we have his fake role claim. If nordlead is seen as a serious threat why not investigate him? Or Final-fan? Or myself? Or one of the handful of other experienced players? Instead he targets some random new person for no reason what-so-ever, and then accuses them? Really?

Huh?  We don't know who he targeted.   All we know is that he was roleblocked by somebody else.  And I'm pretty sure you know that...

You're starting to go from "Oh, he's being gnizmo" to "he's acting pretty suspicious" for me.  >_o

A little correction, he said he investigated Darth

I'm here now. But off to school in like 3mins :P
I'll have my input upon my arrival.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Just reread that post. I didn't notice that he not only FoS'd Darth, but also admitted to targeting him as well.

It seems odd to me that he targeted Darth, but that goes for whether he pretended to target Darth or actually targeted Darth.

As for why he cares so much as to vote for Darth just to get him talking, you got me...

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Gnizmo, this is not a trick to confuse anyone. I gave my reason above to why I roleclaimed.
I false roleclaimed in previous games when I was under pressure. My intentions are good this time and I came out willingly.
I am the cop.

I am not completely sold on you either way quite honestly. I just have a lot of questions, and you tend to crack pretty easily under pressure. Your role will be clear one way or the other in a few days so that I am not overly concerned. Some of the questions were more designed to put out there what I think the best course of action would be. Either going forward with this game, or in future games. I will reconsider my vote though in a bit.

@MM
He stated that he tried to investigate Darth. It is really easy to know something when it is put out there explicitly.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

By all means Gnizmo, I will answer every single one of those questions just ask. I don't like it that you're suspecting me just because of previous games and I don't like how you jumped on me just because I roleclaimed at I time where i felt the town was vulnerable.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
By all means Gnizmo, I will answer every single one of those questions just ask. I don't like it that you're suspecting me just because of previous games and I don't like how you jumped on me just because I roleclaimed at I time where i felt the town was vulnerable.

To be fair to me that really is only one issue. I question your role claim because I know how you acted in previous games. If we didn't act on knowledge from previous games then I would be lynched day one everytime, and no one would ever suspect the people who go from aggressive to extremely quiet. Using knowledge from old games is essential.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
hatmoza said:

To be fair to me that really is only one issue. I question your role claim because I know how you acted in previous games. If we didn't act on knowledge from previous games then I would be lynched day one everytime, and no one would ever suspect the people who go from aggressive to extremely quiet. Using knowledge from old games is essential.

You fingered me for not being on at a time I'm NEVER on, this game or ever

Gnizmo said:
hatmoza said:

Well I'm going to throw that logic right back at you because I'm prety sure you know how FF over reacted last game and went 4 or 5 days after successfully lynching me to convincing everyone to lynch innocent towns one after the other. As MM mentioned, he's paranoid and should honestly not be taken too seriously, yet you jumped on the wagon with him almost imediately to have me lynched . What happened to learning from past mistakes there?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson