By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you use social network?

VK.com(Vkontakte)

VK.com is the most popular social networking site in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus, and the most visited Russian site overall (even more than search engines such as Yandex). Because of its design and functionality, VK.com is often claimed to be a clone of Facebook, accommodating not only a very similar concept,  but also a comparable business model. As of January 2009, the network claims to have 28 million users. As of October 2009, the network claims to have 48 million users. Since 2007, major Russian companies have been sending job offers via VK.com. Most of the site's users are university and high school students. However, as the site's popularity increases, more and more people are joining, many of whom are youths of various age groups. Translated into English, Vkontakte(VK.com) can mean "linked in" as well as "in touch."

VK.com have a lot of services:

• "My Friends"
  • "My Photos"
  • "My Videos"
  • "My Music"
  • "My Messages"
  • "My Notes"
  • "My Groups"
  • "My Events"
  • "My News (updates in friends, groups and comments to photos and video)"
  • "My Bookmarks"
  • "Proposals"
  • "Opinions"
  • "Applications"
  • "Questions"
  • "Classified Ads"

Site VK.com is getting popular in countries:

• USA
  • Spain
  • Portugal
  • Germany
  • Azerbaijan
  • China
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • Slovakia
  • Serbia
  • Estonia
  • Greece
  • Albania
  • Romania
  • Czech Republic
  • Armenia

Site VK.com in available in all languages of the countries listed above.

Register for view all features of this social networking site. After registration you will get a mail with activation link. After email activation you must activate your account by SMS:

• You will see a window for entering your mobile phone number.
  • Enter in field your mobile phone number.
  • Press "Enter"
  • Wait for SMS with an activation code.
  • Enter  activation code in field
  • Press "Enter"

If you do not like this site, you can delete your page: Go to "My Settings" -> "Privacy" -> set "'Who can view my page?' on 'Only me'".

But if you want to restore your page: Login with your email and password -> go to "My Settings -> Privacy -> set 'Who can view my page?' on any flag"

Facebook

With Facebook.com, members can keep in close contact with friends and associates, share photos, and create new friendships. Facebook.com is a Community Web Site and reviews of Facebook.com make frequent mention of the site’s ability to bring people together, keep them in frequent touch with each other, and help them plan events. More than anything else, Facebook.com members feel “This is a Great Way to Keep in Touch with Friends” thanks to the feeling of community that Facebook.com provides. Some reviews voice concern over the excessive number of applications that tend to make Facebook.com confusing.

Information about Facebook was copy from viewpoints.com, because I had never worked with this social network.

Information about Facebook is not full. Please help me to end it

It's not full list of social networks, please write adresses and reviews the other networks.

For correct result, please register on this sites.

You vote write in a post