By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why so serious?

I sent the following message to 10 of my friends (who have an e-mail address and/or Facebook account), is it not gold? The title of the message was: "YOU HAVE BEEN HARVESTED BY THE HARVESTER!" YOU HAVE BEEN HARVESTED BY THE HARVESTER

To my dearest friends and colleagues, I could not help, but to stumble across a particular forum thread ( http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=429 ) on a message board that I just joined today (Friday, October 16, 2009, Gregorian calendar). Well this particular post, was about a flash version ( http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/470460 ) of, what may possibly be the greatest game of the (age) generation before ours, DOOM. I then played it, and it reminded me of all that once was good, and it could be again. So, I hereby have decided that I would like to start a bit of a monthly, or once every two month(ly), event, which I so aptly named, 'eVent'. Since you are, as previously stated, my dearest colleagues, I cordially invite you to participate in this event. The event will be hosted at one of the participant's house or public location, preferably at night. We will then all play video games. The first game we play will be DOOM, now when I say, "play DOOM", I don't mean to hop onto a modern day source port (such as ZDaemon, Odamex, Skulltag, csDoom, Doom Legacy, ZDoom, or any others), I mean we do it the old fashion way. Now when I say, "the old fashion way", I mean we will use the same technology they used in the old days (before our time). We will use the same type of computers, same type of speakers, no-source ports (or we might, if this whole 'old day' style falls through), and we will use a LAN (or if by some miraculous chance we get the now defunct DWANGO working, we could use that; perhaps we could tap into the Japanese DWANGO, which is still up and running, unlike the United States one, which got shutdown). So, what do you say? Are you willing to do something that has, perhaps, never been attempted for in the history of the world? Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Sincerely and forever, Kevin McDonald