By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think is the ugliest city in North America?

I mean cities with over 2 million people.

Even though I love this city, I would have to say Toronto. I have been all over North America, Ottawa, Montral, Ny, Miami, LA, Seattle and I have not seen a city as crap looking as Toronto

Our main attraction is the waterfront which is a garbage infested beach.

There is way to much concrete. The city doesn't even fund the watering of trees and I can only name a few parks in the whole downtown core. If there is a treet its in the middle of a concrete alleyway

The whole city looks OLD. Once you travel outside of CN tower area you notice the houses and buiildings look 40 years old. Most of them are bungalos

Instead of the main streets being filled with high rise buildings and good looking shops, Younge Street (longest street in North america) is fuiled with fast food shops, , bargain shops and strip clubs.

There are random parking lots in the middle of buildings.

The transportation sucks. Our subway system still uses trains and arcitecture from te 70's. The two main lines service the middle half and downtown areas of the City. The northwest, north east south east and south west parts are serviced by slow ass buses because our subway system is shaped like a +.

Overall it just looks plain ugly when comparing it to cities like NY and London etc. Toronto is like 20 years behind, seriously.

Around the Network

Newark

Aw. Over 2 million people. That means I can't post my fun Cleveland videos.

Edit: Ok maybe just one.

Fun fact.  Cleveland used to be one of the most populous cities in the continent.

New Orleans

Philadelphia

Detroit

New Orleans

are all UGLY, UGLY cities.

Around the Network

Las Vegas.

This city is really overrated.

Boutros said:
Las Vegas.

Overrated maybe, but not ugly.

I don't know about a lot of big cities but certain parts of Los Angeles are hella ugly, ghetto, trashy, and crappy. Have you seen Downtown L.A.? Just wow. Also, smog city of America. But then again, certain parts are really pretty. I guess it's like that with every major city.

indodude said:
Boutros said:
Las Vegas.

REALLY ugly.

Other than the Strip and a couple of roads around, it's disgusting.

I mean when you see drunk people sleeping by the side of the road and all the poverty... and it's in the middle of the desert! It's really ugly.

Boutros said:
indodude said:
Boutros said:
Las Vegas.

REALLY ugly.

Other than the Strip and a couple of roads around, it's disgusting.

I mean when you see drunk people sleeping by the side of the road and all the poverty... and it's in the middle of the desert! It's really ugly.

Yeah, good point. Las Vegas Bvd. is filled with incomplete buildings, too.

Boutros said:
Las Vegas.

I'd just settle for being able to find a decent Pizza.

Pizza is horrible here.