By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am quite dissapointed this year.

During 2008 and the beginning of this year I though that this year was gonna be the second best year for games.

The 360 exclusives that did come out were supposed to be very good, but most disappointed me in some way.  

Halo Wars was ok, but nowhere close to as good as I thought it would be.  I was gonna try to get most of the achievements in the game, but couldn't get myself to play it very much, it bored the crap out of me.

Ninja Blade was supposed to be a very good game, but when I played the demo I was very put off with the game and the horrible reviews just sealed the deal for me.

Shadow Complex was also very boring and uninteresting imo.  I still haven't even gotten past 20% of the game, its just so boring.  I was expecting so much more.

I thought Halo 3: ODST would be my favorite game this year, but damn it disappointed me!  Firefight was not anything as fun as I thought it would be (It turned out to be more of a chore than fun) and it was laggy as hell.  The campaign was pretty good but after 2 playthroughs I don't want to play it ever again.  The maps that came with ODST were good but not worth buying it new for $60. (I will buy it sometime when its $20-$30 for Reach beta)

And then there's the games that I was looking forward too that got set back to next year like Splinter Cell: Conviction, Risen (USA release), and especially Bioshock.

The only game that lived up to my expectations this year was Red Faction, and Dirt 2 (which was simply amazing!)

There's still hope for the rest of the year though since I'm still looking forward too F3, Borderlands, and Assassins Creed 2, but overall this has been one hell of a disappointing year!

Around the Network

What about Batman:AA? They say it's good.

ithis said:
What about Batman:AA? They say it's good.

I'll probably give it a rent sometime.

Buy a PS3! More good games than I can even play. Just the exclusives alone; killzone 2, infamous, Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, Ratchet. Plus a strong line up of exclusives going into next year with Heavy Rain, God of War 3, GT5, etc.... Plus all the multiplats.

Next year should end up stronger for the 360 I hope (mine will be mostly collecting dust this Holiday)

If you didn't like anything from this year an option is to go hunting through games you may have missed. Just finally played Dead Space and it was amazing! Surely you must have missed something.

Also, lame to hear you didn't like Shadow Complex. It's been on my radar for awaile now.

Around the Network

I think i feel tha same way too.Microsoft seems to have no interest in keeping the second place behind Wii.Why didn't they kill Playstation when they had the chance?Now with Sony's price cut they're back in the game for good.But most of all..Where are the games?Sony releases one great title after another(Demons' Souls,Uncharted 2 and many more come) and Microsoft has only Forza 3 to stand for until holidays!And all of their exclusives are gone!All of their attention is in Natal and i think they forgot the most important thing..Games!Didn't they learn from Sony's fault anything?

I've been hearing this a lot from 360 mates of mine. The only games they're happy with this year are a couple of multi-plats or, for some, ODST. It's been one of those years where owning only a 360 hasn't brought the best in gaming. Shame. At least next year is looking good (assuming titles meet expectations), and remember Forza 3 is on the horizon, and that's looking pretty solid, so it's not all bad.

Sure, some people will be happy with just the 360's games this year (and I'm sure some will post with gushings of enthusiasm), but for most I know, it hasn't been the case.

To be honest...from the exclusive front, this year was a bust for the 360...I enjoyed Halo Wars and Halo ODST, and Shadow Complex was a very good DLC game, imho, but that's been it...and Natal at E3 was great, but "Where's the Beef?" in exclusive gaming? M$ had better step their game up in 2010,...I'll give them some slack, as 2008 was GREAT...and the line-up is might strong right now with ME2 and Halo REach, but they had better have a beevy of AA+ at least titles by E3!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Let's face it guys..Playstation is the biggest brand as it concers video-games.Especially here in Europe..What Microsoft successfully brought against it?A much cheaper price point and a big list of great exclusive games and managed the unbelievable,to leave Sony back.I hope Natal isn't a flop but i think it was a move in the wrong direction keeping all of iMicrosoft's interest in it.They had a great chance to finish the battle last year.They should have released 2 big exclusives in Japan when PS3 was even lower saleswise in that region.But nothing...What is Mistwalker doing?Now,i think Microsoft lost the game in Japan...Also,why did they stop manufacturing the 60GB model?Huge mistake!If it was still on the market with a price under 200 Euros many people would go with that(still 100 euros under PS3 and 60 GB a lot of hard drive space)..But now the Elite costs just 40,50 Euros less than PS3 that has Blu Ray installed in it and the rumor that's a better machine here in Europe!!And all of the exclusives?Tales of Vesperia,Star Ocean 4,Dead Rising,Bioshock...All gone to PS3 as well.Now all i have to wait is Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake sometime next year...

kungfuian said:
Buy a PS3! More good games than I can even play. Just the exclusives alone; killzone 2, infamous, Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, Ratchet. Plus a strong line up of exclusives going into next year with Heavy Rain, God of War 3, GT5, etc.... Plus all the multiplats.

Next year should end up stronger for the 360 I hope (mine will be mostly collecting dust this Holiday)

That's what I plan to do once I get some extra money...